Nintendo announces 'Club Nintendo' platinum and gold rewards

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jaw04005, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Nintendo (North America) announced today that all current platinum and gold level Club Nintendo members would receive the following choices for their yearly special reward.

You have your choice of a WiiWare downloadable Punch-Out mini-game, a plush Mario wearable hat or for gold level members only, a Nintendo calendar.

Members had to receive platinum or gold status by June 30. You have until August 11 to pick a prize. Rewards will be delivered by November 1.

https://club.nintendo.com/year-end-rewards.do

I guess I shouldn't complain since it's free, but the choices for North America don't compare to the cool SNES Wii controller or even the gimmicky gold Mario Kart wheel that Club Nintendo Japan members received over the past few years.

In addition to the above rewards, other Japanese Club Nintendo yearly rewards have included: a gold Mario statue, a Wii controller universal remote control and a limited edition Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack.

What are you picking? I picked the hat.

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Hat for me. Might as well get something tangible.

3. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

That SNES controller is awesome!! :eek:

I would love to have that, but since we're talking about things that will never happen, I'd rather it had the grey/light blue buttons instead of those colored ones.

:)

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I would pick the hat in an effort not to look stupid when playing the Wii :cool:

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh that's just great. Us Yurpeens have this kind of reward scheme for years then you lot come along and get stuff thats like a thousand times better. Best thing we could buy? A Zelda collection disc for the GC (great and all but a SNES Wii controller? o-hells yea).

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Only $100 on ebay.

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

The SuperFamicom from Japan (SNES in USA) had those colored buttons on the controller. I dont know why they changed to the purple/grey for the US release?

Super Mario World, the secret levels after beating the Star Roads, had the color buttons in the background...I think?

Its been so long I cant be talking from anything but a hazy recollection though...

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816