Nintendo is the root of all modern evil

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

... According to this bunch of nutters.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=5602

I'm only onto page 2, the opening post is a corker.

Kiss goodbye to your evening.

ps. I want these guys to play my Satan Sam.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This is the most ridculous thing I have read in a long time

3. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

While for the most part I don't read much satire about religion anymore, the absurdity was kinda funny :). I wonder if anyone thinks that they're serious.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It must be a joke...must be...it's unfathomable. He's posting fan art as fact!

I've looked over a tad more of it. It has to be satire.

5. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

no-one ever said they were Christians. If anyone ever said they were Christians, it's the people in the linked page.

But we're leading into another topic which has been discussed here many times before with lots of arguments flying either way, and in the end, no-one is changed. Let's not get too caught up in the definition of Christian.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

oh really ;)

Picture 2.png

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Wow....

God is up in heaven going "My Son! Oh my Self! I can't believe this..."
    We should go in there as a group and post so much there server shuts down...

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

And let them make money off the advertisement on the bottom of the page? I'd prefer to just ignore them.

11. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

That's funny as hell, the fan art made me laugh my ass off. The funniest part is the people posting there that actually believe they're serious, saying "when will you people actually learn?"

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

whether or not that 'church' was real, some people DO believe crap like that and thats a big issue (probably more suited for the political section of MR but hey)

13. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I quite hope they aren't apart of an actual church because they definitely don't believe what Christ taught. Heck, they'd be appalled that he actually talked and ate with whores, etc.

People like this piss me off because it gives actual Christians a bad name. If I thought Christians were actually like this I'd hate them too!

14. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Book burners and all that crowd.

I've never caught onto why they do that. They pay for something then burn it. Which makes the remaining copies a fraction more rare, upping the value, and the publishers/writers have already been paid. Silly people :)

15. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

we never said they were christians, wiki (and the linked thread) did ;)

16. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

LOL, WTFxz?!

Skimmed through it, I'll be back to read the hilarity. :D

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wow...is this some sort of church(wanna be) spewing such hatred into the world?

I can't be bothered in reading nonsense but that one thing just caught my eye.

Bless

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

WOW!

19. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

This reminds me of this! :D

Oh how I laugh at crazy religious groups.

20. pcypert macrumors 6502

These guys are full on Satire like The Onion or other such media outlets. Look at their shirts and stuff on offer from their main page. Look at the phony ministries listed, etc. It's VERY obvious. Anyone who actually believed this site...well I hope English isn't their native language or their 12 because that's some of the more obvious satire I've ever read. I would sooner believe the Onion was true based on their writing.

There is a famous magazine put out by one Christian college that is a satire like this done by believers. I don't know if this online group is doing the same or if they're just pissed with the way the church handles their business stateside...either way I have to admit it's kind of funny. Particularly their "Landmark Baptist Book Burning Club" t shirts :)

People that fell for this. Sorry. SATIRE. Look into it...it's a nice writing tool that was relied on heavily before the Daily Show :D

Paul

21. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

but the thing is, even if it is satire, it's not funny.

22. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

That was awesome, thank you :). Those people are always interesting to deal with. Sometimes you just have to laugh about them. Or is that at them? Reminds me when I went to a Scientology building. They were real friendly until they figured out that I was just f***ing with them. I don't think they appreciated me laughing hysterically as I walked out of the building :D.

23. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh yes they're satire, or supposed to be. But they're taking it a bit too far with their racist claims.

I suppose you can say anything you want online provided you claim it to be satire.

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

FREAK!!! :D Got to love my fellow Americans... But in this case 'despise.' :eek:

I told a good friend I got Galaxy and right off the bat he said UR MR GAY. :)

This isn't satire, it's sick! Nothing funny about what this guys states, even amongst friends. OK, the part where he states Adam and Eve spoke english was funny. I guess it's a good thing I have blond hair and blue eyes, if I had green eyes I would be part satanic. WhoOOoOoOooo. I've encountered Christians that believe cells are both male and female, I find that funny, but also sad.

Fear the SPIDER DEMONS IN HELL!!! :eek: I'll have to ask my friend about that, he's a fundamentalist Christian. *shivers*

<]=)