Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector - Can you go online with the iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Roan., Nov 24, 2008.

1. Roan. macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm thinking of buying an iPod Touch. The only problem is I want to have internet in my house on my iPod Touch, but we have Cable Internet. I do have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, for going online with my Wii/Nintendo Ds. Is it possible to go online with my iPod with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector?
    More information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Wi-Fi_USB_Connector

Thanks in Regard,
    Roan.

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

If you're already connected to the internet with the Wii, it sounds like you already have a wi-fi network ... or you're leaching off of one of your neighbors.

If you already have a wi-fi router, you're all set. Otherwise, buy a wi-fi router or use the same network that the Wii is using.

ft

3. Roan. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

So what exactly are you doing? Sounds like you're using the Nintendo adapter on your PC to make a small wifi network ... right?

If so, how do you intend to get the Wii on the internet if the adapter is plugged into the PC?

Wouldn't it be easier to buy a cheap wifi router? That way, you'll be able to have all of your devices on the internet at the same time.

Unless I'm reading this completely wrong ....

5. jampat macrumors 6502a

Wii comes built in with WiFi. I believe the USB piece he added is the Nentendo equivalent of a router.