Nirvanas "Smells Like Teen Spirit", like you've NEVER seen/heard it before!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
YOU HAVE TO SEE/HEAR THIS!!!!

My dad recoreded this and showed it to me, and I just had to get it on the net for everyone to see!

It's different, it's strange, and it's brilliant all at the same time. Everyone knows Nirvanas modern classic "Smells Like Teen Spirit", well, here is The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britains take on it! :eek:

<edit>Files taken off-line now</edit>

edit: forgot to say, those crazy brits! :p

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain

Just before Xmas, the publications editor in our team had just been to see them and said they were the funniest thing ever... implored us all to go and see them.

Apparently, they regularly play at The Big Chill festival (UK).

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
edesignuk said:
YOU HAVE TO SEE/HEAR THIS!!!!

My dad recoreded this and showed it to me, and I just had to get it on the net for everyone to see!

It's different, it's strange, and it's brilliant all at the same time. Everyone knows Nirvanas modern classic "Smells Like Teen Spirit", well, here is The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britains take on it! :eek:

<edit>files off-line</edit>
It's a classic isn't it?

I recorded Jools' show, and watched it today, that was the best thing on it apart from Ian Hunter's amazing English accent singing voice. :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Blue Velvet said:
Just before Xmas, the publications editor in our team had just been to see them and said they were the funniest thing ever... implored us all to go and see them.
Yeah, it's the visual that really makes it, I urge anyone who has only downloaded the MP3 to get the video, it really makes it!

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
edesignuk said:
Yeah, it's the visual that really makes it, I urge anyone who has only downloaded the MP3 to get the video, it really makes it!
Well, I would look at the video, but I can't download it. Either I click it and it comes up as unplayable by Quicktime, or I right click and hit save link to disk and get a php file.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Macaddicttt said:
Well, I would look at the video, but I can't download it. Either I click it and it comes up as unplayable by Quicktime, or I right click and hit save link to disk and get a php file.
Here newb :p

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
edesignuk said:
What? You still can't get it??
Use SiteSucker to get it...

Damn, thats funny. I'm gonna show this off during some class I don't like too much... pick a class, any class, ;)

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Uh, I got me a broken Quicktime picture... yknow, the one where its the Quicktime file symbol with a crack in it?

And it was said to be funny, too...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Mechcozmo said:
Uh, I got me a broken Quicktime picture... yknow, the one where its the Quicktime file symbol with a crack in it?

And it was said to be funny, too...
So download it and use VLC/MPLayerX.

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I watched the Jools Holland show at a party and we all cracked up listening to these guys, tremendous stuff.

As an aside I had to use MplayerX to view it, QuickTime didn't work.
Cheers
Vanilla

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
wow, what a cool song!

was this on this years hogmanay? i dont remember it, i must have been gone by this point!