NJ Apple stores - lines? stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bossyman, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bossyman macrumors member

anybody on line? or off line? i'm in northern, nj...bergen county...can't get to an apple store till around 4 today...

2. mrmhb380 macrumors newbie

There was a decent line in wood cliff lake not sure if they still have stock

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Probably like most other stores, many colors sold out. I'm just guessing, but that seems to be the trend.

4. Guitar geek macrumors newbie

There were about 120 people in line at Menlo Park Mall (Edison) around 6am. Looks like they got a good amount of Space Grey phones, as seems to be the case with most other stores.

I was 18th in line and they already didn't have enough gold iPhones by the time they reached me, so I just got out of the line and left. Wasted a few hours but I'd rather wait a few weeks than to buy a color I don't actually want. Best of luck to you though!

5. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I popped by Willowbrook Mall (Wayne) around 8 am on my way to work. I'd say 200ish people, maybe more, but they were taking them back 10 at a time. I was very tempted to wait, but I had to get to work.

I may give them a shot at lunch to see if I get lucky.

6. Bossyman thread starter macrumors member

anybody on line at Garden State Plaza in Paramus?

7. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I went to the wood cliff lake one at 830 pm last night and 145am around 10-30 people. Went at ~615am around 50-100 wrapped around building. So I went to the verizon at 630am on 17 and I got 11th in line but some other people should up and got in front of me with people already waiting. But I got a ticket for 14th and got my space grey 32gb.
    The manager said that store had the most stock of all Verizon stores since it's the biggest/busiest store in NJ. But did say only black and white and no gold. That no VZW stores on east coast got gold only west coast but was unsure about apple.

8. Bossyman thread starter macrumors member

wow, thanks.

any news on woodcliff lake stock? or garden state plaza stock?

i need a 64gb and a 32gb for my son. space grey for both...

i won't be able to get to a store until 4 PM today...

any thoughts on if i'll be able to get them?

9. Bossyman thread starter macrumors member

anybody have any updated info on NJ stores in Bergen County?

10. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Take the drive towards the Best Buy in Secaucus. I was about 1 of 5 people on line. The doors opened at 8 AM for iPhone orders and the regular store opened at 10. It's possible that they have more people now since it's regular hours.

I was in and out of the store with a new 5S in about 30 minutes.

But, supplies were limited. I heard they only had the AT&T 64GB Space Gray left and I heard they only had Verizon Space Gray left.

Lucky for me, I'm on Sprint. Being on a crappy network has its perks, eh?

11. dvdchance macrumors regular

The Menlo Park store..did they have mostly 16gb? Was the 32gb available and in what colours? The gold sure looks nice in photos how does it look in person?

What about any local Middlesex County Best Buys? Anyone check them out?

12. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Cool my office is just down the street from there :)

13. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

From what I saw while I was in line the gold ones were gone almost instantly. I guess they didn't have enough supply. It sounds like from the main page that Apple somewhat underestimated turnout.

I did see one person walk out of the store with the silver-colored 5S. No idea what carrier.

Again, they had several Sprint iPhone 5S's in stock, and I chalk that up to crappy networks. I haven't had the chance to run a 4G LTE speedtest yet because that coverage doesn't exist out at my house...

But I am going to go back to BB later today for the Mophie 5 Juice Pack Air and I'll be in the LTE service area at that point. Honestly anything around 3Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up is all I want.

We'll see what happens.

----------

At this point in time I'm sure they're either dreadfully low in stock or they're sold out of the main ones. There were probably about 10 people on line that came in after me looking for a gold Verizon 5S that were told they had none in stock and left.

14. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Just got out of wood cliff lake to get apple care and they sold out in about 2 hours but the have very very few sprint 5s and a bunch of 5c. I came here at 615 and line was 50-75 people if not more. So I went to verizon on 17 at about 630 and was 14 on line but they said they had the most stock out of all vzw stores in nj but no gold

15. Bossyman thread starter macrumors member

WOW!!! So Woodcliff Lake, NJ store is COMPLETLY sold out of Verizon models???? That stinks...

Any news on Garden State Plaza, Paramus Apple store?

16. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

no but try VZW on 17 as of this morning they said they got the most in NJ no gold

17. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

I was the 20th in line at GSP Paramus and they were out of gold. Had only AT&T and Verizon.. Mostly space grey of 16 and 32. I managed to get a Verizon 64 white silver which is what I wanted. The kid handing out cue cards said "you have the second from last one". There were a lot of pissed people there. Unbafreakinglievable.
    The guy at the Verizon kiosk said he only had space gray of 16 and 32. He was yelling it to the people upstairs standing in line at the Apple store.
    Like I said, I was 20th in line and they were already running low supplies. I didn't stick around for the riot. I have no clue what happened after I left.

18. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

there was a huge fight on my line two people joined other people waiting in front of me and some guy from a bunch spots back started yelling at them when the mgr started handing out numbers and it go pretty heated. i said he just came on line and the mgr only gave them one card in stead of three. i really could care less as long as i got mine and i got 14 so i was good.

by the time a i left there was over 100 numbers given out and they were still giving more. i think that store had more then apple..

19. DowdyFick macrumors regular

20. Bossyman thread starter macrumors member

any updates on Bergen County Apple stores? or stock anywhere?