NJ teen comes out of closet in front of whole school

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by likemyorbs, Jan 24, 2013.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

This kid is Jersey Strong! He came out of the closet while receiving an acting award in front of his whole school. His classmates responded with a standing ovation. His dad was so proud of him that he posted the video on youtube. This is really a sign of changing times.

Link

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Things have really changed in last 3 decades. I really believe that Obama's slow and steady approach to the appeal of DADT has had a huge impact on America's view of gays.

Let's hope that Justice Kennedy feels the same way and does away with California's Prop 8.

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Massive respect to him, he sounded really nervous but he said what he needed to say, clearly. More guts than me that's for sure!

4. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

It's nice to know that my daughter will go to high school with kids like this rather than the kids I went to school with.

I'm gay & while I came out during high school to close friends & family, I don't think I could have ever come out to an entire class of my peers. I really am hopeful for the next generation. Young people today have made HUGE strides when it comes to equality & acceptance of their peers.

Jersey Strong indeed.

5. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Huge balls. And good on his dad for being proud.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Good for him.

Will be nice when "coming out" is a thing of the past.