No $100 Back to School Card through Amazon? Or other retailers? Only Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by spangenberg, Jul 20, 2011.

1. spangenberg macrumors member

Is it true? You can only get the $100 Back to School Card if you order through Apple?

I wanted to order through amazon or mac connection, (for tax and shipping purposes) but I have no way of adding the card, and even the Apple rebate form doesn't show the option if you bought it from somebody else

2. wdaleherring macrumors member

Of course. It's Apple's promotion, not anyone else's. That said best buy is offering $100 card as well (I believe) so that might be worth looking in to.

3. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Yeah that is true. I don't know why people would want to order on Amazon to avoid taxes while they're also avoiding the $100 gift card. It's not going to make that big of a difference at all to justify having to wait for Amazon to get them in... whenever they get them in.

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Personally I think the 100 dollar gift card to use in the app store is a farce. Apple used to offer a $200 discount on their computers to students. Now it's $100 off and a $100 gift card. Bad Apple.

5. PaulWog Suspended

$50 off for the 11-inchers

6. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Oh, you're not entitled at all are you?

Apple doesn't have to do JACK and they will still sell like crazy. The fact that they offer anything at all should be enough. But someones always gotta complain about something I guess.

7. KillerTree macrumors regular

Best Buy usually price matches Education discounts and gift cards I think if you ask them.

8. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

This. Plus i get no tax and 18 months no interest at best buy :) Can't wait till they get them in stock.