No 4G for existing orange uk customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Drich290195, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Spoke to orange (ee) and it turns out its not as simple as swapping price plans. Apparantly you have to buy yourself out of your existing contract. What the hell by the time im out of contract other networks will support it. Its a joke ill be buying out alright and moving. Anyone ele had any joy. What about the people that got the iphon t on orange are they stuck on their 3g price plan.

2. Jon the hat macrumors member

Do you have an iPhone 5 contract?

3. Drich290195, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

I had a 4s with iPhone plan. I sold the 4S keeping my plan and bought a iPhone 5 hoping and being assured i could take a 4g plan. They even sent me a 3G nano sim. Im 7 months into contract. Basically there is no facility to migrate existing customers with over 6 months into there contract over to 4g without buying themselves out of there existing contract.They will allow you to take your 4s back if you are within 6 months of contract and pay 100 pound to get a new 5 with 24 month contract.

4. Nee412 macrumors 6502

I was wondering about swapping for free, which was what was previously advertised. Trying to do it on their website just sends me to the Orange upgrade page.

I've just got my iPhone 5 and can't upgrade through Orange.

Has anyone managed to swap over to EE yet?

5. Dylan35 macrumors newbie

Did you get a subsidised phone ? If so you saying you want to be let off a contract you entered into just because something new has come along ...... get real.

6. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

let of contract not at all are you not reading correctly.

As stated i bought the phone myself and purely want to change to a 4g price plan. Im already a Orange (EE) customer so why should that be so hard. Id even be willing to enter into another 24 term with them. But no i have to pay off the existing 17 months line rental just to rejoin them on a 4G plan. Why do that I'm already a customer i don't want a new subsidised handset just a change of tariff to be able to use my existing contract on a handset i bought. It should not be that hard. They even sent me a nano sim to use in my handset. It should just be a question of a tarriff change , id even forfeit those 7 months and re sign.

7. jimmyb5374 macrumors member

I phoned t-mobile uk , my provider, and they actually told me that all i had to do was request a new EE sim , and they would migrate me over to a 4g service plan , the nearest one to my existing plan but obviously i couldnt migrate down to a cheaper plan ...

I am about 4 or 5 months in, they said nothing about having to buy a new handset or buy out ...

hmm some phoning to be done i think !

8. skiwil, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

skiwil macrumors member

i have found a page on the EE website. basicaly it states the following.
    Edit: Heres the link: http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&segment=consumer&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=20255

If you bought an iPhone5 before the 30th Oct 2012 on Orange or T-mobile there is no charge to change to a new 2 year plan on EE. (as long as you stay on the same length and same or more price plan)

It states that you have to pick a the plan you want and then fill an online form out. They then check it out with orange/tmobile and approve or not accordinlgy.

The problem I have found is that when you pick the plan you want you never get a chance to fill in this "form".
    Also you have to pick a phone once you have chosen your tarrif.
    I dont want "another" contract.
    Im going to pop in to a store once ive finished work.:apple:

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

.... get real and read the OP.

10. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Yeah id check cause thats what orange have been telling me for the last few months , untill today.

11. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah thats absurd. Over here its matter of just changing your plan features.

12. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Keep us updated when you.

When you phone you immediately get transferred to upgrades who try to make you buy out.

13. skiwil macrumors member

14. Nee412 macrumors 6502

No Orange and T-mobile customers were told that they didn't have to wait for the iPhone 5 on EE. They could buy it through Orange or T-mobile and move over for free when EE launched.

EE is the parent company that owns Orange and T-mobile. They are the same company with different names.

Considering it was widely offered that customers would be able to switch for free, I wouldn't call it 'unreal' to expect a free switch.

15. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

16. Dylan35 macrumors newbie

there was no 4g when you signed your contract. You are getting what you paid for. EE may own orange and t-mobile but they are a different company...... if you want a contract with them then get one but you still owe orange......:confused:

17. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I am on business and they are enabling my plan so that I can use 4G.

18. Nee412 macrumors 6502

Dude you really need to read up on this before posting. Try reading this link...

Speaking of, thanks skiwil for that link. Confirms that there will still be a way of changing over free of charge. Just got to figure out how now. Doesn't seem to work on their website...

19. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

love your rubbish posts its not about getting out of what you owe. With your logic i should have one contract for 3g and one for 4g , when my provider provides both and im an existing customer. Yeah soulds like a good idea.

20. Dylan35 macrumors newbie

when the OP took out his contract was he told he could upgrade in 7 mths to a company and technology that does not exist at the time ? NO...... so he took a contract out and he has to see it through... simple isn't it ?

Your not a t-mobile customer and your not a EE customer your on ORANGE .......

21. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

if you call 150 choose upgrade there is a option to move to EE gonna try that

22. jimmyb5374 macrumors member

Argh !

Okay , after 20 minutes on the phone i have been told i HAVE to cessate my t-mobile contract and take out an ee one, even though they confirmed there was a note from the sales team 1 month ago confirming i just had to order a replacement ee sim and move over to the most appropriate higher or equal contract ...

Over to the legal eagles for advice , as the only response from t-mobile was the rep who told me i could just get an ee sim and move over would be sent for re-training ,as he was wrong . I asked for a call from the call centre manager as to why having been misinformed i could not simply get what they said and then carry on paying them like a happy customer.

Don't forget this is not about a discount, refund , new handset or anything , just purely moving to EE

Any legal eagles have anything i can discuss with them ????

Cheers

James

23. Drich290195 thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

If you have a 12, 18 or 24 month contract with Orange or T-Mobile that started before 30 October 2012, you can move to EE whenever you want.

If your contract started after 30 October 2012, you can still move to EE but only if there was no 4G coverage at your billing address postcode on the date your contract started.

You’ll also need to stay with Orange and T-Mobile for at least 30 days before you can request to move to EE.

Directly from EE Website on hold again. Think some staff training problems are occurring.

24. Dylan35 macrumors newbie

you have stated your happy with your contract with ORANGE..... that's fine but you cant upgrade to 4G because orange don't do 4g........

25. jimmyb5374 macrumors member

Ditto !

I am seven months in and WAS TOLD by T-mobile UK i could "port across" , so thats all i want to do !

I think you will find this is not about contract evasion etc , its probably more about giving them more money over the bigger plans and possibly have to extend up the contract length when a fair few people have been advised they could