No album artwork is appearing for iTunes Match songs in iOS6 Music?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by omgwut, Jan 10, 2013.

1. omgwut macrumors 6502

Hey,

I just subscribed to iTunes Match again and started importing my entire CD collection last night. I'm about a third of the way through importing everything but last night I turned on iTunes Match and matched my music to the cloud, and the album artwork is showing up in iTunes on my iMac, but on my iPhone all I'm seeing is the blank white music note for every single album. For only one or two albums the artwork will appear in the Now Playing screen, but nothing shows up at all in the album list views.

I manually replaced the artwork that was automatically downloaded in iTunes with images pulled from the web, updated iTunes Match, toggled iTunes Match on the iPhone off and on again, and nothing. Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!

2. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

People on the Apple forums have been having this issue for a few days now; it appears Apple's servers which provide artwork to iOS devices using iTunes Match are no longer operating. I personally encountered the issue yesterday when a newly-ripped CD's album art appeared immediately on iTunes 11 but wouldn't appear on my Apple TV or iPad. In an effort to resolve the issue, I disabled and re-enabled iTunes Match on both iOS devices and as a result I now have NO album art for ANY album.

So a word of warning to others; don't turn off iTunes Match until Apple resolves this issue or you'll lose all previously downloaded album art.

3. omgwut thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear its apparently an issue on the server end and not just some rare bug I'm stuck with... I mean that still sucks but hopefully it will be fixed soon.