Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonpaul75

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2002
This is ridiculous!

Screw'em...Sony went ahead and included this and the Ultimate TV like technology right out of the box. While I have very little faith in Apple's forward advancements these days...this should be cake to produce. Put it in place without it being "bloat-tech" and do it right...

ATI's not releasing this on the mac borders on stupidity...how hard could the mac to pc conversion possibly be.

Jason-Paul

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Silly ATI...

Macs are for people who never watch TV, don't have any old tapes or camera fottage they'd like to digitize, Mac users just want a decent video card so they can browse the web with.:rolleyes:

There must be at least SOME demand for this, after all, Apple's selling th Eye TV and Formac's studio in their store.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 543

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by MacBandit
Screw it we don't need it. Any mac with firewire would be better off with devices like the one from Formac that connects directly to a firewire port and allows you to import video, tv etc..

Firewire TV tuners/A/V capture would be nice but it also costs $399. The AIW ranges in price from $149-$249

click

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
Hope they DO make it by 2004

Does anyone know of any devices that capture video from something like a VCR that costs around $100? That would capture TV quality movies? I only know of that xlr8 dongle thing that is around $40, and I don't think that one would be the best solution.

Its decisions like Apple dropping Video capable Macs in favor of their own propriatary technology (firewire) that makes them not gain marketshare. They don't have to sell alot of different models to do it like they used to in the old days, just give us an option to equip our macs with standard video in/out at the Applestore.

iMovie would attract more PC users if those cheap ba$tard$ knew they could import video from the cameras they already own. I don't see that we should flame ATI for not giving us a video solution that Apple should have kept providing us in the first place.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
>Macs are for people who never watch TV, don't have any old tapes or camera fottage they'd like to digitize,

WHAT!?? Macs are and always have been very graphically orientated....the market is just not as saturated as the PC side...

though I have seen at least one product in each store shelves now saying "Mac friendly" etc etc...

but the video card thing is very important. All the people I know who do video, all use the MAC

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by big
>Macs are for people who never watch TV, don't have any old tapes or camera fottage they'd like to digitize,

WHAT!?? Macs are and always have been very graphically orientated....the market is just not as saturated as the PC side...

though I have seen at least one product in each store shelves now saying "Mac friendly" etc etc...

but the video card thing is very important. All the people I know who do video, all use the MAC

I think he was being sarcastic, as per the :rolleyes: (smilies called rolleyes). I was excited about this too, but I guess I'll have to find another way :( .

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
thanks for the explanation, I tend to completely ignore and skip over "smilies" put in posts....I do however always manage to catch "Tags" ie....
<sarcasm>funny ha ha</sarcasm>

theaz

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2002
Assuming this report is accurate and the statement was honest, all i can say is nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!! ;) And i thought i was in love...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.