No Apple Care For iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iThink Apple, Sep 14, 2012.

1. iThink Apple macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

When I ordered my iPhone 5 from Apple last night, I did not get an option to add apple care....How come??

2. Kelly682 macrumors regular

I had no issues ordering applecare+ for my iPhone 5. I ordered throught apple.com. However, it wasn't showing up on the apple store app. If you used that to order, it wasn't available.

3. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

I didnt see it when I ordered it.....Is it to late to do so?

4. Jnyce macrumors regular

5. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

With the 4S orders, apple allowed you one week (maybe it was a month?) to add apple care by calling them after receiving the phone. I assume its the same this time around.

6. Azzin macrumors 68040

You can buy Applecare right up and including the last day of it's 1 year warranty.

Applecare+ I think is different though (we don't have it in the UK) and there are time restrictions (1 month?) plus I've read stories of it having to be inspected by an Apple blueshirt to ensure you haven't already damaged it.

7. VDubb macrumors 6502

Last year, they also sent out an email stating that for Verizon users (which I happen to be), AppleCare+ didn't show up as an option and allowed us to add it via email reply. I'm hoping either that, or over the phone, is available to add AppleCare+. I didn't see the option as well and do not want to take 3 hours to hit up an Apple store and get it added.

- VDubb

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You're absolutely correct.

You have up to 1 month to get AC+ and must make a genius bar appointment for inspection.

9. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Can u order it now or have to wait for it to come?

10. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

It had to be in the same cart as the iphone so just wait now and schedule a genius appointment when it comes.

You may be able to call apple and have them add it, but most people don't succeed I don't think.

11. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks. Do u know how much apple care is?