No Apple Watch In Retail Stores Till Summer (Support Team Said)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 11, 2015.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

After having been transferred to Apple Support to ask about Apple Watch availability in retail stores, they had told me that no retail stores will receive inventory until all pre-orders are fulfilled and that Apple Stores most likely will not stock them until summer. Just passing the info on. Order online.

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Apple Watch will not be available to purchase in stores for a while. Probably until October. However Apple Watch is available for purchase now on Apple online Store with shipment in June.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

You sound like a member of their support team.

4. sam223 macrumors member

When I was in for my try on I was told the watch will be in stores for the "general public" for purchase on the 24th! Maybe very limited stock for reserve and purchase just like the iphone 6

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The resale market for these watches is going to be nuts.

6. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

By Apple's standard, July is still Early 2015. :D

7. boobie12 macrumors 6502

It has been already said stores will not be having watches at launch and only way to buy them is online

8. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

Folks who laughed at the Edition being a waste of money starting at $10,000 are going to have to eat crow when that watch starts selling on Ebay or in stores for 100% markups.

I'm glad there are no in store purchases for a while because the scalpers would be out in force if there was. It is much harder for the scalpers to buy large numbers if they need to use a credit card and purchase online.

9. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

A number of journalists have suggested the lines are no longer particularly "fun" like they used to be. Maybe this is to curb scalping, but I think overall the issue of supply is the real problem.

10. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I was told at the Apple store today that you could pre-order the watch online early am on the 24th for store pick up that day.