No AppleCare + option on the app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nippyjun, Sep 14, 2012.

1. nippyjun macrumors 65816

The AppleCare plus option wasn't available on the app

2. monksealpup macrumors regular

Just call them and add it later today (or this weekend or whatever; before the phone ships. No problem.)

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Was wondering same thing! Thanks

4. noteple macrumors 65816

App is dorked up.
    Call customer service to add during normal working hours

5. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Last year I sent an email to applestoreinfo@apple.com requesting they add AppleCare+ to my order and they did. Just sent same request...will see if it works again.

6. Teem45 macrumors member

I called customer service about this earlier today (and waited a REALLY long time on hold listening to music I didn't like). The CS rep told me he *could* add it, but he was afraid it could possibly delay my order and he didn't want that to happen to me. I was able to order last night via the app before the ship dates got pushed back. Anyway, he seemed nice enough, and I don't think he was just trying to get out of doing it, so word to the wise, for what it's worth. It might be worth waiting to try to add until you get it in your hands.

He asked if I had an Apple store near me, and I said about 40 miles away, 60-90 minutes in traffic, so he told me just to call in next Friday when I get it and they'll add it. I hope that's the case because otherwise I'm going to be driving a lot and standing in a line, exactly what I try to avoid by ordering online.

7. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Called apple care, he told me he couldn't add it on now. But, when I get the iPhone, to call them and they can add it over the phone.

8. Teem45, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

Teem45 macrumors member

I woke up to an email from Apple that said they "noticed I didn't buy AppleCare," and that I just need to respond to their email by 9/21 if I want it. Will be doing that today. So, just watch for the email if you ordered from Apple. :D

I'm very happy about this, and it means no trip to the Apple store in the midst of a huge launch, though if I were younger and could spare a night's sleep, a launch day campout really does sound like a fun time. I hope those of you doing that have a good time and that there are enough phones for everyone in just the right size and color!

9. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I got that same email today and am very happy; already replied with "YES!" :cool:

I stayed up late to pre-order and don't want to wait in line, either. ;)

10. kendu2412 macrumors regular

You can call Apple to add your AppleCare+ within 30 days when yours purchased. I did like that with my iPad, all you need to day just told them the serial number and make sure your credit card enough money on it.