No cares about the 4s??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

With all the excitement about the iPhone 5 I don't hear much about the 4s anymore. I still have mine and it works great for me. I did the update to the iOS 6 and it works great. I think that apple should of left a few things alone that was on the 5.1.

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Still love my 4S, but the iP5 seems qualitatively snappier IMO.

3. zildMacjian macrumors member

went from 4 to 5, was gonna get rid of my 4 but i still have it ...

p.s your bound to just hear people going on about the ip5 coz most would have upgraded.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

My 4S isn't going anywhere anytime soon but I don't see there being much talk about it on the forum--it is not the latest product and it would seem pretty much everything that can be said about it has been said--now it will just keep on working for many of us for the foreseeable future. :)

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

What is there to discuss? The hardware was discussed for 11 months prior to the 5 to come out. The only difference from the 4S 12 months ago and today is that now it is running iOS 6. Any deficiencies of the 4S would have been discussed long ago. I'm glad you like your 4S. My wife still likes hers. I liked my 4S as well, but prefer my iPhone 5.

Great, have we discussed the 4S enough now?

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

..maybe he meant there werent many questions/threads/discussions regarding the iphone 4s.since the iphone 5 came out... I like my 5 better too..but there no need to comment if you just want to be negative.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Looked at my iPhone4S and after using the iP5 since about lauch, the 4S's screen looks squaty.

8. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I wasn't being negative. I'm pointing out there isn't much to discuss is there? That's not being negative, that's fact is it not? I mean what is "new" about the 4S? What new "gotchas" are there? What things should we be looking for that didn't pop up in the previous 12 months? Hasn't this all been discussed over the past year? Other than people having individual issues with their 4S, there isn't anything to discuss. Go to any forum, they don't generally discuss "old" products because anything that is "old" would have been thoroughly discussed/reviewed when they were "new". That's my point! Sorry if pointing out that there isn't anything to discuss is negative. I see it as being brutally honest.

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

haha there is a difference then saying "well there isnt much to discuss here.. its an older device"
    then what you said.

haha
    thats not neggative you're right :rolleyes:
    I'm sure you're a joy to be around

the posters before you didnt seem to have a problem saying that, without being "brutally honest" as you call it.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I am keeping my 4S for a full two years, so I'll have mine until the next iPhone (5S?)

I love my 4S, and although I do look at 5's and think they look good, I don't feel that my 4S is really THAT inferior to the 5, besides the obvious physical changes/weight difference, little speed increase.

I'm actually going to keep my 4S even when I get the newest iPhone next fall, it's the last built iPhone with the 3.5" screen, the 30 pin connector, and that beautiful glass slab design.

Every time a new iPhone comes out, this forum will be flooded with topics about the new iPhone, but that doesn't mean the previous generation is wiped out.

PLENTY of people are still signing 2 year contracts with the iPhone 4 and plenty of people are signing contracts with the 4S.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Of course you don't hear much about it anymore because we've been discussing it for a year and iPhone 5 is the latest model. It doesn't mean nobody cares about the 4S.

12. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I agree.

Relative to iPhone 5 discussions, there are very few 4S discussions these days. The only change that has come to the 4S recently is iOS 6 and that's not exactly device-specific (somewhat, but not much between the 4S and 5) so, really, it's a non-factor. iOS 6 discussions can go on almost without having to mention the phone involved.

From my perspective, the lack of new 4S discussions is potentially an extraordinary thing. Maybe this is the result of people having discovered...wait for it...wait for it......the search function!

Seeing as practically everything related to the 4S has already been discussed, as paulrbeers pointed out above, a simple search will almost certainly get you whatever question you may have about it. As such, the relative disappearance of 4S discussions is, in my opinion, a good thing.

13. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

wait there is a search function?
    ;)

14. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

everyone knows last years model is pretty much dropped from the news in the summer, then it is all about the next iPhone

15. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Yeah and that was my way of saying.... "what's the point of this thread...."

16. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

The 4S is a great phone. Sturdy and robust compared to the 5. Does most things either the same speed as, or just a tad slower than the 5. I prefer the 4S for now.

17. apprunner macrumors regular

No way. iPhone 5 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster. :D But seriously, it really is way faster. :eek:

The 4S battery life was way worse than iphone 5 for me. I get about 8-10 hours of battery life using LTE.

18. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

it is..on a benchmark..
    only thing i can notice a difference is..boot times.. and camera shutter. Thats it. All other real world tests feel about the same as it did on my 4s...
    Not that i dont love my 5!

19. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Only in a benchmark. There are many , many videos showing the 4S is on par with most tasks as the 5, heck it is even quicker at a few. The 5 is faster with graphic intense games for sure.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

21. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

you guys are lying to yourselves. The i5 is significantly faster than the iphone 4S. Have you even tried to app switch? There is NO LAG period. It's instantaneous and I mean switch from one app to another and you instantly can use that app. Try it. Go from mail to safari and you can browse instantly. Try that on your 4S and you get momentary lag.

Same for games, going from one app to game app is instant access. You cannot say without a doubt the A6 is truly a generation leap from the 4S' A5. The A5 is clocked higher in the ipad 2 and it's already faster than an iphone 4S. The i5 is a generation leap in performance from any ipad 2/3. Don't kid yourselves!

22. cababah macrumors 68000

iPhone 4S is just not the new and hottest toy anymore.

See Toy Story 1 for more information.

/thread

23. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

The iphone 4s is old news. It came out over a year ago. Its like asking why nobody is talking about the sg II anymore.

24. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

yup all the answers hit the nail on the head, iphones are cool for a few months after they come out, then everyone riles themselves up for a new one around July, that's why if you're buying one and you already have a perfectly usable phone and its past May you might as well just wait.

25. cababah macrumors 68000

The 4S even felt old to a lot of people when it was released. Probably because it was wearing the same shell as the iPhone 4 which came out a year before that.