iPad No chance of getting an Air 2 at retail Thursday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tx2005, Oct 22, 2014.

1. tx2005 macrumors regular

I work Friday night thru Sunday night so I'd love to go pick up an Air 2 tomorrow before I work Friday. I guess there isn't map chance I'll be able to get one at a retail on Thursday in the US?

2. taedouni macrumors 65816

I just saw quite a bit near where I am now in Southern California (available for pickup today)

3. mutelight macrumors newbie

mutelight

I'm on the way to my local Apple store to pick mine up now. They have all WiFi variants available in every store of my area. (No LTE yet)

I live in the SF Bay Area.

4. macstever macrumors regular

I picked up an Air 2 tonight at the Apple Store. They did not have Air 2's or Mini 3's out yet. Kansas City

5. WilliamG macrumors G3

Pretty much every Apple store in the Seattle area has them for pickup right now.

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Don't mention where or anything. That would make it too easy.

7. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I got an iPad Air 2 (128GB) Wi-Fi Only Space Gray today (Wed, Oct 22nd) at the Apple Store at Polaris Fashion Mall in Columbus, OH USA. They didn't have them on display yet, but they did have them in stock and you could do an in store pickup. When I was at the store I bought one. I hung around the Apple store for a few hours and I saw a couple of people buy the iPad Air 2 but there wasn't much demand for them. From what I understand they will have display models tomorrow (Thurs, Oct 23rd). I doubt it will be difficult at all to go to an Apple store and get your hands on one.

8. mrsean macrumors newbie

The Apple Store by me was a ghost town on Air 1 launch day last year. I walked by at 11am thinking that there was no way I was going to get an Air on launch day without pre-ordering or waiting in line at some crazy hour. Well when I approached the store, there was no one standing in lines out front. Inside there were about 5 customers looking at everything except iPads and 25 Apple employees standing around looking bored out of their minds. Needless to say I was in and out with my shiny new Air within 10 minutes. :D

I can't imagine this year to be any different.

9. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

So weird they aren't on display. What the heck? I wanna go see one. Just a weird roll out of these things, vague release date and all.

10. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I think they got their shipments in the late afternoon because I kept checking the Apple Store app and it wasn't until after 4:00pm when they said the iPad Air 2 was available for in-store pickup. So that is probably why they didn't have display models on the tables yesterday. They said they were doing to change out all the iPad displays with the new ones last night so I am sure they are on display today.

11. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Will cellular models be out tomorrow (Friday)?