No CHARGES for AT&T MMS on 3G and 3GS iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

So far, so good. Though I've sent more MMS this month, the current bill for June '09 states $0.00 for MMS messages....:eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

2. vespoli macrumors member

This is old, old news -- AT&T has announced that it will not charge iPhone users an additional fee for MMS.

Thanks for the worthless thread, though.

:)

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

NO, thank you for your MORONIC post; I posted my BILL to show others that don't have MMS, that AT&T recognizes the ability of the 3GS to send and receive MMS, as demonstrated by my bill NOOB.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Well put!

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

If you have a messages plan, there is no extra charge for MMS. This is the same for all AT&T phones. MMS are counted just the same as SMS when you have a messaging plan.

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Thanks for that.

I think the OP is referring to a while back when there were threads of people concerned about being charged for MMS before it was activated officially. Then there were the threads of people wondering if AT&T would charge for MMS on the iPhone, I mean why not? They already reach in the offering plate.

I appreciate just seeing that thus far no extra charges have been applied. Now if AT&T would just admit that they are scared original iPhone users are going to be able to update the carrier file and send MMS and they are trying to figure out a sure fire way of not allowing this, thus the hold up.

7. ohkuipo macrumors member

Bickering aside, I certainly did not know that! That's a surprising generosity on the side of AT&T, something you don't see every day. I wonder how much coercing Apple had to do for this to happen....:eek:

8. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

How is providing the same service they already promise to every other customer on their network to iphone users any kind of "generosity?"

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's not. AT&T hasn't said what they'll charge when you're not on a messaging plan. Hopefully, it's the standard $0.30/msg.