NO COLLUSION!...Well, maybe there was, but, like, whatever man

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by widgeteer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. widgeteer Suspended

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/30/politics/rudy-giuliani-collusion-crime-cnntv/index.html

Guiliani is the Trump-Crime-Canery-In-The-Coalmine. You can always tell what they have on Trump by what Guiliani is trying to play down on talk shows. So now we know odds are pretty good not only did Trump conspire, but there's evidence to support it. Not that this is necessarily new. Even Trump's most ardent supporters suspect he did it because the arguments have been alternating between NO COLLUSION! and OPPO RESEARCH! for months now.

#BlueWave

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Get out in front of it!! Deny before they get accused. Rinse/repeat.

3. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

Sure, but I don't think copping to the thing you've vehemently denied took place really helps anything. Guiliani must have some form of dementia. Nothing else explains his increasingly bizarre appearances. And it underlines Trump's probable poor mental health because this is what Trump thinks a *winning* strategy looks like.

4. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I love how Giuliani is playing this. The left will be going absolutely crazy over this for a while and it’s cracking me up. When the investigation is finally over and president Trump is innocent of all conspiracies, liberals heads are going to explode. Can’t wait.

5. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

You guys always say stuff like this but I suspect you're not actually laughing nor loving any of it.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

What are conservatives going to do when he is found guilty? Sadly, heads won't explode. They'll continue to be in denial and call it a witch hunt. Can't wait :/

7. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

8. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I am laughing because it’s a joke when it comes to Trump. I cannot wait for the msm to turn on Mueller when it’s all said and done.

9. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Witch hunt, I think they call it. So are Trump now agreeing that he is in fact a witch?

10. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

If Trump was guilty, Mueller would have announced it already. But what’s the crime of collusion anyways? Because if it was that bad, Mueller wouldn’t allow such a criminal to be the leader of the free world now would he?

11. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

45 Supporters: We believe the orange man that constantly lies and breaks the law who leads a party that has gained power by subverting democracy, so that means everyone else is brainwashed when they believe the independently sourced and verified news organizations.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

You don't seem to understand how investigations like this work.

13. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I believe I do.... But I’ll ask again. What’s the punishment of collusion?

14. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Not necessarily. Historically, these types of investigations take time - two years in the case of Watergate.

That's like saying if Trump was going to build a wall, he would have done it already. ;)

15. samcraig macrumors P6

You'll have to ask Congress when/if they take action. Further, I hope you realize that collusion is just part of the investigation. Collusion itself might not bring any action except getting Trump to testify. If that happens, then there's a good chance of perjury. Then a chance of impeachment. But will impeachment mean he's booted from office? No idea. No one can predict what is going to happen. No one knows what charges or findings the Mueller investigation will yield right now. We have some ideas.

I do think that if he's guilty or impeached, his base will not only not accept it, but it will bring an even higher level of discord in this country. As for what happens if Trump is "cleared" of any wrong doing - sorry - but I don't seem that happening. There's too much there there.

16. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

You mean conspiracy. With a foreign government? That's usually called "treason."

17. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Of course, you know that collusion is not the actual crime that anyone would be charged with. Which is why you disingenuously try to frame the conversation in those terms.

We won't know what crimes fall under that umbrella. Conspiracy to defraud the US. Federal election violations. Money laundering. Etc. These are all potential crimes to come out of the investigation.

But that's all irrelevant to the question of potential punishment for 45. His potential punishment is likely limited to impeachment.

18. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

Which they know as well, meaning they're pretty sure (rightly so) that the GOP senate won't do anything about it.

Not that it even matters because there is no evidence that will be presented that won't be called fake or biased or shrugged off.

19. DanielDD macrumors 6502

At the very least, electoral punishment. You know, politicians are accountable for their actions even if they are legally not a crime.

20. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

So is Trump being investigated for treason or collusion? Which is it?

21. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Again, you are being disingenuous. Collusion can refer to any number of crimes, including treason.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

22. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Throwing “treason” into this investigation is far fetched. This isn’t 1972. You would think the FBI by now would be able to know the serious level of this “collusion” that the left keeps worshiping.

23. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

Could be meat. Could be cake.

IT LOOKS LIKE...MEATCAKE!
    --- Post Merged, Jul 30, 2018 ---
    Wha? You guys have decided that there's some time limit on when we would know something or not. It's an INVESTIGATION. As in people are "investigating" what happened.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 30, 2018 ---
    On another note: Guiliani this morning stated that Mueller has a conflict of interest but declined to lay out any evidence, said that's Mueller's job. When asked why it's Mueller's job to confirm charges Trump would make against him, Guiliani said "Because Mueller is the one with conflict."

Ummm. I can see where Trump supporters get their understanding of how this stuff works now.

24. BaldiMac, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018

BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

We don't know yet if it's far fetched or not. And we don't know if it is a part of the investigation.

You keep repeating this talking point even though it has been thoroughly rebutted. Similar investigations take years. And charges aren't brought based on what you know, but based on what you can prove. And we've seen dozens of charges.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

So far fetched it didn't stop conservatives from throwing that around about Hillary, the Dems, etc

https://www.statesman.com/news/stat...ton-committed-treason/gSvbPk3XoOJX4doRLsPaeJ/

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-guilty-treason-sebastian-gorka-uranium-one-694367

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368622-trump-accuses-fbi-agent-of-treason

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/one-dares-call-it-treason/552395/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-not-be-a-great-idea/?utm_term=.e46958d9d86e