Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
add a plan - data plan? If so, yes you must have a data plan if you have an iphone.

But if it's no-commitment, shouldn't there not be the requirement to add any plan at all since after all, it IS supposed to have no commitment to the carrier at all..

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
But if it's no-commitment, shouldn't there not be the requirement to add any plan at all since after all, it IS supposed to have no commitment to the carrier at all..

No commitment, but required by the carrier to use ANY smartphone to have a data plan, whether you own it or not. Why would you want a smartphone without internet anyway?

ANMA dojo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
no commitment just means no 2 year contract. unless you're prepaid, all their plans require smartphones to have mandatory data plan.

----------

No commitment, but required by the carrier to use ANY smartphone to have a data plan, whether you own it or not. Why would you want a smartphone without internet anyway?
because it's a neat phone that can run apps/games that don't necessarily require internet, or he might spend most of his time in wifi zones.

ITS ME DAVID

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Pasadena, Ca
no commitment just means no 2 year contract. unless you're prepaid, all their plans require smartphones to have mandatory data plan.

----------

because it's a neat phone that can run apps/games that don't necessarily require internet, or he might spend most of his time in wifi zones.

Then Buy an iPod touch

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I don't understand that screen either. If u start on the previous screen by first specifying No Commitment, then the same phone costs $549.

Cell phone carriers give me a headache.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.