No family locator on ViPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xray328, Feb 10, 2011.

1. xray328 macrumors member

I just went into my account to add family locator to my sons ViPhone and it says its not compatible...is that true???

2. shadrap macrumors 6502

Did you download and try the Verizon App? Find my iPhone is a free app either way.

3. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can activate Find My iPhone to locate the phone and hence the family member attached to it. www.me.com

4. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

I went to the verizon site and tried to add it. It showed a green check mark, meaning it was compatible on two of our phones, but it had a red x next to the iphones. Find my phone would work too, but I was hoping to get alerts when the kids got home from school for instance.

5. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

Does this exist? Maybe its not there because it competes with the findmyphone app?

6. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

my guess is it needs to be updated on verizon's end.
    find my iphone is a free service from apple - i don't think they're worried about losing money to competition...

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What the heck is a ViPhone?:eek:

8. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

You buy it at the ViStore.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Dosesn't this cost $10 per month?

Did Verizon maybe leave it off because they didn't think anyone would pay that when Apple's 'Find my Phone' is free?

So, wait. What was the question here again?

10. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Mobile Me is free for iPhone 4 users, but that only includes the "Find My iPhone" feature/app. I set mine up the Monday when I got my phone and it didn't cost me a dime.

11. jmcarp83 macrumors newbie

Usage and Parental Controls and Spam Blocking (for five free numbers) aren't available now with the iPhone. They claim give them a month. I claim that I'd love for the spam calls that started since I activated the iPhone to stop.

12. Consequences macrumors newbie

It's 08/01/2012 now and that rumour that the iPhone is not compatible with Family Locator was true, but now you can get a limited location on it. There is still no app for it, though.