No FCC logos or Assembled by Apple in California on back of iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lphone5, Oct 15, 2014.

1. lphone5 macrumors newbie

My girlfriend received a replacement iPhone 5 from best buy yesterday and a few hours later we noticed that the back looked a bit strange. It's on At&t so it isn't the version model that from what I gathered doesn't have the FCC logos. Does anyone know anything about this?

Imgur Link: http://i.imgur.com/lyX9sgP.png

Attached Files:

2. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

That seems extremely fishy.
    I wonder if they replaced the back with a non-standard back piece?

3. mainomega macrumors 6502

Best Buy DOES NOT USE apple repair centers. They use several companies but the largest is Encore Repair Services. They have repair centers in California and Illinois. Encore uses 3rd party replacement parts and literally hires minimum wage temporary workers through staffing agencies for their repairs. This had been brought up countless times with Best Buy and their Rapid Replacement Program.

If your phone was a warranty repair take it back and demand Apple parts. It will be worthless if you try to resell it.

4. IndoX macrumors regular

It needs to be known that all carrier and third party insurance uses third party parts. This applies to Best Buy, RadioShack, AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile, etc.

If you take it into  Retail they will deny service for modification. Once you sign an insurance agreement with someone else other than  at that point you void the warranty that comes with the device and you agree to go with your carrier (or in this case Best Buy) for all issues.

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Also fishy, any true iPhone is required by law to have those markings.
    Even service parts would retain those markings.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Absolutely. I was in a thread here a month or so ago dealing with this thing exactly. Sprint/Asurion replaced a Sprint user's iPhone and the user had issues with the phone.

Took it to Apple and they denied him service because it had non-standard parts. User cluelessly didn't realize any of this and got the shaft from Sprint/Asurion.

Of course the Asurion rep that showed up later in the thread denied everything and claimed that only Apple genuine parts are used. But if you believe that then you get what you deserve.

This is one of the reasons Apple refurbs are infinitely better than a refurb from a carrier or store!