Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zyes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
I was planning to buy a Sony HDV-FX7 Handicam along with Apple's Final Cut, before realizing (amazing that I didn't notice before) that my new Macbook doesn't have a firewire port. I am thinking about buying an external hardrive that has a firewire port on it, just i'm not sure if it will be able to communicate with the camera and be able to import the video on to itself. If someone knows anything about this or has done it I would be very grateful if you were to aid me in solving this.

Thank you for your time.

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
Sorry, the only real solution is to sell the MacBook, buying a whitebook, a MBP or build yourself something that will be able to transfert your data from your Cam.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Or get a camera that doesn't require Firewire

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

vga4life

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
Sorry, the only real solution is to sell the MacBook, buying a whitebook, a MBP or build yourself something that will be able to transfert your data from your Cam.

What Peter said.

Apple's current laptop line, outside the white macbook, is a ripoff for what you get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.