No-Fly list revamp

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by moonman239, Aug 15, 2016.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Since certain politicians have decided you're too dangerous to own a gun simply because there is an ever-so-slight possibility you're too dangerous to fly and might use it in a terrorist attack, I feel the need to broach the No-Fly list subject again. If we're going to use the No-Fly list for anything, I believe it must be revamped like so:

First, names on the list must be accompanied by identifying information sufficient to separate the suspected terrorist from other persons.
    Second, only those persons who are convicted of, or currently wanted on, terrorism-related charges (by any domestic government, or any foreign government with an extradition treaty) will be admitted onto the list. All other persons will merely be subjected to additional scrutiny. Persons remaining on the list will be arrested upon their arrival at the airport.

2. stroked Suspended

stroked

Sorry, the anti-2nd nuts want any excuse to control guns. There should not be any list, controlled by bureaucrats or LEOs, that keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. I agree with you, if the government can prove you're involved in a conspiracy, then lock your ass up.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No-fly list is often based on skin color and ethnic background.

The only party that wants to use it to ban access to constitutional rights.. is the party who pushed for reigning in 'super-predators', 1994 crime bill that pushed large scale incarceration of minorities over frivolous crimes... the party who pushed sub-prime/predatory lending under the guise of affordable housing... the party of Roosevelt who pushed for japanese-american internment camps.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What do you propose to do about people who can't behave in poor areas?