'No Gays Allowed' Store Owner Now Sells Homophobic Hats, Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 10, 2015.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So he does not hate gays just the sin so thats why he does not want them in the store? I mean he is afraid they will have gay sex in his store? this a rep for god no less. I love how he will figure out you are gay by preaching at you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-store_55f06811e4b002d5c07793d9?utm_hp_ref=tw

2. samiwas Suspended

Yet, if I don't agree with his lifestyle and don't want his kind around me (which is not the case, BTW), I would be persecuting Christianity or something.

EDIT: I should clarify...I do not want HIS kind around me. They would not like what I had to say. They'd probably have to go to confession just from hearing my words. I have no problem with most Christians.

3. rdowns, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

More ****ing Christian ****ing hypocrites. I'd be OK with this as long as he discriminates against all sinners equally. And as you know, we're all sinners.

EDIT: My bad, changed Catholic to Christian.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Amyx, who is reportedly also a Baptist minister....

Taking all bets - How long before in typical fashion he's found pants down in a gay cruising area and has to resign in disgrace. ?

"The lady doth protest too much, me thinks "..... Shakespeare

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Whoa! Pretty sure this guy isn't Catholic, the article stated quite clearly he was a Baptist minister.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My bad, meant to write Christians, not Catholics. Post edited.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That would be very rare for Catholics to target a group publicly like that.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You weren't in Ireland a predominantly catholic country during the marriage equality referendum. Catholic groups and Catholic Church did target that exact group negatively then ... Thankfully the Catholic Churches stranglehold on Irish society has long since been dissolved and regular Catholics voted 2-1 to support Gay marriage.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm speaking of the US, not globally.

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

but are gay people going to be living gay lifestyles in his store? I mean humping in the isles and all? he is going to preach to them to see if they are gay? what a idiot I mean really. next thing he will require is customers to swear on a bible before they can buy anything.

11. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

We had no choice did we? It's in the Bible after all, ain't it?

Jesus had TWO fathers.:eek::p

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He is an idiot, but there's not really any way to tell if someone is gay by what they would normally be doing in a hardware store, so if they are advertising the fact that they are gay and looking for trouble I don't have too much of a problem with someone else throwing their beliefs on them.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

As a heterosexual male I'd almost be tempted to walk in there with a mesh tank top and rainbow flag scarf.....just because.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

There's a market for these kinds of things. I recall some guy who sold racist items by mail order. How so? He was a phone-in guest on Howard Stern. Howard goofed on him and, in return, the guy got a chance to plug his web site. That dated back to Howard on terrestrial radio.