No hype for iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stu00a, May 10, 2013.

1. stu00a macrumors member

Wow

It's kinda amazing that people don't really care that much about iPhone 5s.

Last year, there were tons of speculations, rumors, leaks and all those hypes about iPhone 5. But this year, no one seem to care about it since it will be the same looking with little inside upgrade and few software updates.

I wonder if Tim Cook will be able to keep his seat in Apple in coming years.

2. lexvo macrumors 65816

I'm still using an iPhone-4 and happy with it. I think iOS 7 will run on it, and then I have little reason to upgrade (for my use).

3. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

As we get closer to the release date you'll see the hype start.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Keep ur resume up to date and put phone on scream for headhunter.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The release of the 5S is still months away and right now the tech press/bloggers are distracted by the HTC One, the S4 and Google I/O.

I'd say after the WWDC you'll start to see hype building. However, its hard to say if people will be more interested in the hardware or a refreshed iOS7.

6. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I wonder if iOS 7 will require 1G RAM and only work on 5 and 5S? How's that for some speculation??

7. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Because i think people are finally realizing, the "S" generations are minor spec bumps. There will be hype for iPhone 6 though...

8. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Exactly. The "S" generations are boring to most and don't have any real design upgrades. I skip the S generations on all my iPhones. I will be hyped for the 6 when it gets closer to it's release date, that's for sure!

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Those of us who love skeuomorphism may choose to stay with 6 if IOS7 has no breakthrough features.

10. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

1. It's too far away for any "major" hype to begin.

2. If Apple continues their upgrade method, the 5S will have the same body with only minor upgrades to processor and camera.

3. A lot of people (not everyone, but a lot) want a larger screen. If Apple does not come through this year with a larger screen option they will lose a lot of customers.

11. jigzaw macrumors 6502

I actually feel like the S versions are the ones to get and that's the 2-year cycle I'm on. Maybe it's just my perception but the number model seems to be the cosmetic upgrade and the S model is the internal upgrade, almost as if we're going from the prototype to the fully-baked version. The upgrade from 4 to 4S was very significant in important (not cosmetic) ways so I'm hoping the 5S will be, too.

12. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

not so much hype because there is not so much info leaked.... only a possible fingerprint sensor and the obvious camera and cpu update... people are more interested in external design update than spec bumps!

13. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

just check how people first received the iphone 5 during the presentation conference compared to its previous models and you'll get the answer.

there was initially a lot of hype for the iphone 5, and it had large shoes to fill given the popularity of the iphone 4/4S model.

it didn't live up to expectations then, and now people expect more of the same... so ya; its a no brainer.

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

OH NOES!!! No one is talking about a phone that hasn't even been named yet, let alone announced?! No one is lining up to ditch the iPhone 5 models they just bought?! OMG SELL THE STOCK NOW AND SWITCH TO ANDROID, APPLE IS DOOOMED!!!!!

:rolleyes:

15. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I think the iPhone 5 is "awesome enough" now that people aren't really clamoring for the next one.

I enjoyed my iPhone 4, but it had shortcomings. It was a big sluggish at times. No LTE, etc...

The 5 was a HUGE jump, and at least for me, still feels more than good enough. I may keep this phone for 3 years!

16. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

+1 ,

I was in the same boat. Went from 4 to 5 and it feels absolutely awesome. Won't be buying the 5S and will wait for the iPhone 6.

17. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

The iPhone 4S had a CPU that was twice as fast, and a GPU that was 7 times faster. Hardly a "minor" processor upgrade.

18. irDigital0l Guest

It's kinda amazing that the iPhone 5S will probably still sell millions and outsell the iPhone 5 just like how its been since 2007.