Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stimpycat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Surely if they were going to hold an event in 7 days time invites would have been sent out today at the very latest?

And what's more, if they were to update as much as is rumored on this site, they would surely hold an event of some kind.

So, the fact that nobody has received an invite leads one to think the 7th is going to yield bugger all?

:)

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
We don't know. No one knows. For all the talk of Tuesdays and the online store going down and invites and timelines, Apple's release strategy really isn't THAT predictable.

They might show new iMacs at some regular event (Paris Expo).
They might show them at an Apple event (MWSF)
They might invite the press to a release event a week in advance.
They might invite the press to a release event just days in advance.
They might just update the store with new iMacs one morning.

All of these are possible. I think every major Apple announcement in the last two years has broken at least one of the unwritten "rules" about when and where and how they announce (or even pre-announce - remember how shocking it was when they did this with iPhone?)

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
Surely if they were going to hold an event in 7 days time invites would have been sent out today at the very latest?

And what's more, if they were to update as much as is rumored on this site, they would surely hold an event of some kind.

So, the fact that nobody has received an invite leads one to think the 7th is going to yield bugger all?

:)

Just because there are no invites doesn't mean that Apple still can't introduce products. They may not be new products or "revolutionary" products that would need to be shown off to the press. One event comes to mind - the iPod HiFi/mac mini intel announcement. That was a flop. Everyone walked away asking "Is that it?". If Apple calls the press for an announcement just to show them a new iMac design, you might get the same reaction.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Just because there are no invites doesn't mean that Apple still can't introduce products. They may not be new products or "revolutionary" products that would need to be shown off to the press. One event comes to mind - the iPod HiFi/mac mini intel announcement. That was a flop. Everyone walked away asking "Is that it?". If Apple calls the press for an announcement just to show them a new iMac design, you might get the same reaction.

But since I'm personally hoping for an iPod update (even though I can't afford it), I think that would get an invite.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Apple usually doesnt hold a press conference or a big show just to show a refresh of a product line, even for iPods.

They only do it if they really think the refresh is totally revolutionary. Getting an aluminum case and finally a refresh on the system is not enough to hold anything.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
Apple usually doesnt hold a press conference or a big show just to show a refresh of a product line, even for iPods.

They only do it if they really think the refresh is totally revolutionary. Getting an aluminum case and finally a refresh on the system is not enough to hold anything.

I hope they introduce the new OSX ipods, although I really don't think we'll see them until after the back to school promo is over in sept. :(

But I've been wrong before...;)

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
There will be nothing new until the Paris Expo, some time in September.
That should give the rest of this month a rest.

ibrainch

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2002
Chicago, IL
here it is

Apple Event next week in Cupertino

<< Rockstar and Sony deal - First Take | Main
Michael Gartenberg | July 31, 2007, 05:59 PM

Just got a call that there's going to be an Apple announcement next Tuesday in Cupertino. Very interesting. I'll be out on the West Coast so I'll be sure to stop by and bring you all the news. Let the speculation begin.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
heh...

talk about eating my own words... I guess getting an aluminum chassis for the imac is worthy enough to get its own press conference...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.