No iPhone 4's for Walk-Ins on Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by dreamteam, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dreamteam macrumors member

I live in the San Jose area in California. Our local news station just reported this morning that Apple Stores won't have any iPhone 4's available for walk-ins on launch day (tomorrow).

I take that news with a grain of salt, as I haven't heard anything about this from more credible sources (ie. MacRumors or AppleInsider). Also, I believe Apple would've announced this earlier to avoid a mini-riot from the people already waiting in lines.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

2. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

Yes, last night a friend who works for AT&T sent me a text and told me pre-orders only 24th-28th and the launch date for first come, first serve is now the 29th:mad: I don't know that this applies to anyone outside of at&t ... but the source is good.. and this sucks!!!!

3. dreamteam thread starter macrumors member

I already heard this news about AT&T... alot of sources have already reported AT&T stores won't have any iPhone 4's on launch, but my question is regarding Apple Stores. KRON reported Apple Stores won't have any available on launch day for walk-ins. I doubt this is true, but wondering if anyone else has heard this?

4. fyoz macrumors newbie

Yeah, Bay Area news reporting isn't always the most reliable. They too probably heard that it was the ATT stores not having the iPhones for walk-ins and got confused like everyone else and reported an incorrect story.

But hey, if people want to rely on that, get discouraged and not wait in line, more iPhones for me, bwahahhaah.

Also, Apple would have announced if they weren't going to have any devices for walk-ins.

5. dreamteam thread starter macrumors member

I totally agree with you. haha... I hope it does discourage some from lining up.

6. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I agree with that. Of course, I do hope that people who weren't able to reserve and/or pre-order due to AT&T issues are able to get their i4 ASAP.