No iPhone 5 then

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....dam - no new iPhone this year then? YET..........

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

iOS6 is coming out in fall, you'll see it then.

3. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

It will be Fall...as expected by almost everyone.

4. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Correct. Fall schedule from now on.

5. fresh-frank macrumors newbie

The iPhone will be announced in the fall, That's why the iOS6 will be out then, so they can introduce it with the new iPhone. :apple:

6. PerfectDB macrumors regular

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This. I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to start this thread lol.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I guess I wasn't disappointed about today because I was only expecting iOS 6 and not the iPhone 5.

9. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Do you think it's a bad move though since almost everyone who adopted the iPhone 4 (on a 24 month contract) is due their upgrade now?? My Mrs has already moved over to a competitors phone simply because she doesn't want to wait until September/October for an iPhone upgrade. Sure the "apple loyalists" will wait but what about everyone else??

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If people can't wait another 3-4 months, then let them switch. It's not like there's any doubt that it's coming. You're not waiting to see if there will be a new one or not. You're just waiting for it to be released. It amazes me how impatient people are about this stuff. I understand if your phone is broken and you're trying to hold out for the new one, but most people aren't in that situation. They're just incredibly impatient.

And yes, feel free to vote me down for this post. Won't bother me a bit!

11. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

But that's just it, people by nature are incredibly impatient. So unlike most of us here who will wait it out the "average" consumer won't wait because they won't know it's coming in the next 3-4 months and after two years with a phone the lure of "New and Shiny" will get the best of most.

Why would someone mark you down for your opinion??

12. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

september / october release in time for my birthday :)

13. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

Well I have been holding out to see what happened today but no iPhone. Should I go for a Samsung Galaxy SIII or a 4S? This will be my first ever smartphone and I am on Verizon.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I will be walking down the middle I-40 later. If you see me, please do not swerve. I cann't take this anymore.

(and I am not talking about the lack of a new iphone - I am find with my 3G)

15. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm just glad the four people that still believed a new phone would launch this month can now sleep tight knowing they were wrong.

They wouldn't launch a new iPhone on iOS 5 at this point, especially now that we know iOS 6 is right around the corner.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

Fall 99% of us have saying the fall! sorry you were in the 1% camp! the 1% were wrong! See you in the fall! :D

17. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It was widely agreed on there wasn't going to be an iPhone this WWDC. September/October seems most likely.

18. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

You must be new around here... ;)

19. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

No not really

Just haven't been on the forums for a long time - Nice to see they added such a poor feature :)

Looks like my opinion about it been a possible "bad move" by apple to hold off with the iPhone wasn't echoed by the community and everyone feels that people will be more then happy to just sit around and wait for a new iPhone once there contracts are up.

Rookie