No Jews Allowed! Anti-Gay Scouts Won’t Allow Parents of Jewish Kids Either

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I had no idea, but apparently this new right wing alternative to Boy Scouts of America was created after the the Boy Scouts 2013 repeal of the ban on gay youth. Not only do they not allow gays, they also don't allow Jewish parents into leadership rolls. At least they make it clear in the most respectable way possible...

Trail Life USA is a Trinitarian Christian organization with a Statement of Faith that includes those denominations that specifically recognize Jesus Christ as the prophesized Messiah of the Jewish scriptures. There are some groups like "Jews for Jesus" that recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah, but continue to hold to Jewish traditions and customs regarding feasts, etc. A Messianic Jew could indeed be a leader. However, a person of the Jewish faith would not be able to sign our Statement of Faith. Thus, according to our membership standards, Jewish churches and organizations would be precluded from chartering Trail Life USA troops. And those of the Jewish faith would indeed be precluded as adult leaders based on their beliefs. However, a Jewish youth could join. And a Jewish parent could be present at troop functions and even on certain camping trips, but not as a recognized or registered leader that would be providing direct leadership to the youth. And the Jewish denomination would not be recognized as a participating Christian denomination in Trail Life USA. This is the same standard currently in effect at the American Heritage Girls, which is our sister youth organization. Trail Life USA is not for everyone. For Troops that want to transfer intact with non-Christian leadership, Trail Life USA will not be an appropriate option.
Funny, I thought conservatives are all "pro-Israel". What happened?

Link

Editorial

tgara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Wow. That linked editorial could have easily been written by iBlazed, lannister80, or bradl. I could even feel the spittle spray. Are you guys moonlighting? :D

Last edited:

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Why? What precludes a Christian group to be conservative?....
Surely you don't have to be conservative to be a Christian....Doh!
Not every Christian is a conservative & vice versa Private club /private rules. They an run it as they wish
You're right, there's plenty of Christian liberals. However, they wouldn't form a their own scouting group that excludes gays and jews in response to the Boy Scouts allowing gay members. Liberal Christians tend to behave more like Christians are supposed to behave.

So your hatred of conservatives leads you to believe all christians are
conservative?
Point me to where I said that? Hate is such a strong word...

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
You're right, there's plenty of Christian liberals. However, they wouldn't form a their own scouting group that excludes gays and jews in response to the Boy Scouts allowing gay members.

----------

Point me to where I said that? Hate is such a strong word...
Let's start with the first post in this thread....

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
You mean the part where I implied this group is inherently right wing? I didn't see anything that implied all christians are conservative though...
No, you implied all "conservatives" are pro Israel. Seems you are implying conservatives= Christian & by default hateful ones as shown in the article. Perhaps editing the "conservatives" OUT of your initial post could clear things up

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Back peddling already....

So are you saying you don't hate conservatives?
How am I back peddling?

I don't hate conservatives, I hate their actions. It's like "love the sinner, hate the sin".........they like to use that one a lot.....

----------

Doesn't mean all conservatives are christian or all christians are conservative.
So what are you left with?
Once again you're trying to prove I said something that I didn't say. Where did I say "all"? I'm referring to this particular group, who clearly are conservative christians.

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
How am I back peddling?

I don't hate conservatives, I hate their actions. It's like "love the sinner, hate the sin".........they like to use that one a lot.....

----------

Once again you're trying to prove I said something that I didn't say. Where did I say "all"? I'm referring to this particular group, who clearly are conservative christians.
Once again your starting a hate the conservative thread but this one has
backfired on you.....

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Once again your starting a hate the conservative thread but this one has
backfired on you.....
How did it backfire on me? Something doesn't backfire just because you claim it has. The only thing that has happened is three conservatives seem to have gotten offended that I referred to this group as something that they clearly are...conservative christians. Am I not being politically correct enough?

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
How did it backfire on me? Something doesn't backfire just because you claim it has. The only thing that has happened is two conservatives seem to have gotten offended that I referred to this group as something that they clearly are...conservative christians. Am I not being politically correct enough?
You got a source that backs your silly claim?

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
You got a source that backs your silly claim?
If you can look at their website and tell me that there is a remote chance these people are liberals, then there's no point in continuing this conversation. That would be willfully ignorant. It's like saying there's a chance the KKK is a liberal organization because they don't specifically label themselves conservative.

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
If you can look at their website and tell me that there is a remote chance these people are liberals, then there's no point in continuing this conversation. That would be willfully ignorant. It's like saying there's a chance the KKK is a liberal organization because they don't specifically label themselves conservative.
Again...source, please.

----------

You know the forum rules....

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
MOD NOTE

Open.

Lets all take a breath before posting please.

Last edited: