no large-screen no iPhone for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BluAffiliate, Mar 23, 2012.

1. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

Anyone else with me about this new announcement that the iPhone and have the small screen games looks like apples and trying to innovate anymore and just can release the iPhone 4S to basically the same phone know you see Jews no larger screen and just try to take our money yet again long as one Mac and that's not by wheels with me:mad:

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Its funny that you actually care enough to post this. There will be dozens of rumors but at the end of the day no one will know until Apple reveals the next iPhone. Don't sweat it until then.

They're likely to increase the screen size to 4".

3. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Could you run that sentence by us again please?

4. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

:):)That made me laugh

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Holy Cow!!!

first of all I am very impressed with your rhyming skills in the title, but everything just went downhill from there as I didn't understand much of the post from there on out.:(

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

So the Jews want a larger screen or smaller one?

7. fullygruntled macrumors newbie

8. BluAffiliate thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I was using the iPad text-to-speech feature

9. mcman77 macrumors 6502a

true that!

give us a 5" option!

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wow clearly then Apple needs to worry more about it's text to Speech software. Then what size screen we should have.

11. E.Lizardo macrumors 65816

You might try reading it before posting then.

And no 3.5 is just fine.

12. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

What

13. TheGdog macrumors 6502

TheGdog

I'm not trying to sound rude, but why do you need a bigger screen? If 3.5" is too small to do what you need it to do, then maybe you need an iPad. I don't see what a half inch is going to do for anyone. Most of us don't have huge pockets to carry and giant phone.

All opinions aside, If apple moves to a 4" screen they will have to up the resolution. Then there will be a 5th res to support and I don't think apple wants to cause fragmentation like that.

14. Gatecitybee macrumors member

Gatecitybee

The 3.5 inch screen is the only reason I don't have one. It's just too small. I had the original Droid and was going to upgrade to iPhone 4s when it came out but when I found out that they hadn't upgraded the screen size I went with the Bionic instead. I love iOS, but 3.5 is just not big enough for me.

15. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

It was a rumor, not an announcement. A bunch of random "insider" information doesn't make an official announcement.

And a bigger screen =/= innovation.

16. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

I just don't get why many equate bigger with better. Somehow I suspect that all those clamoring for bigger screens are people under 20 that use their phone mainly as a portable gaming console or to show it off or something. Or maybe people that watch a lot of movies on it. Should we give up a compact device that works better than anything else on the market just for that? Not if it were up to me, that's for sure. Web browsing? Browsers on these kind of devices are designed for mobile sites. Adding a half or a whole inch won't make a damn difference in browsing them. And it won't make a difference in viewing full size pages either. It'll still be a pain.

The fact that Samsung keeps throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks doesn't mean that Apple has to. I hope they won't.

----------

Exactly. Increasing screen size without increasing resolution is a backwards move.

17. farkingdom macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

3.5 is perfect. And I agree with what the poster above had said. I just don't see Apple making their screen bigger after sticking to 3.5 since the first iPhone.

18. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I think the biggest benefit for a larget iPhone would be multi-touch support. I really like the iPad's 4-finger swipes for multi-tasking and the pinch-to-homescreen gesture. These gestures could exist on a smaller screen, but would be way more comfortable for everyone on a larger screen.

In general, a bigger screen would make a lot of tasks easier, not just web browsing or video viewing. Things that a bigger screen that would benefit me:

• Calendar management
    • Photo editing
    • GPS (especially on-the-fly use)

19. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

To each their own then I guess. For me personally, multi-touch capabilities don't mean much, as I prefer one-handed use. An iPad has to be used with two hands so I can see the benefits there. Calendar works fine for me too, and I doubt a 4" screen will make photo editing much easier.

And by GPS you mean navigation in the car, right? Agreed, that's one thing that could benefit from a larger screen.

20. cynics macrumors G3

I won't get rid of my 4S if the new iPhones screen isn't bigger but when I goto upgrade I won't be upgrading to it.

I use the iPhone as a phone quite a bit so in that circumstance I don't care about the screen. But everything else is pretty bad. Web browsing is a chore as I have to scroll up and down and side to side. Watching a movie is sometimes painful from eye strain. Gaming is pretty bad, I just downloaded angry birds space (don't know why lol) and something's are microscopic. The keyboard not only covers half the screen but the keys are tiny and it's too easy to hit the wrong key.

I don't even care if the resolution and ppi isn't increased. I'd take a larger screen over a little quality especially if we are talking quality the average human eye can't distinguish.

21. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

bluaffiliate i have seen many posts by you and all i can say now is you are either from some very foreign country or completely illiterate. You said something about jews and money? Are you an anti-semitists too? please learn some grammar and repeat your question and racists are never like.

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

@OP: Erm... what? Maybe you should edit your original post so that we can fathom what you actually meant to write. ;)

23. lordofthereef, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

He wants a bigger screen and won;t be buying the next iPhone without it. It's true his post is a mess, but this thread has become nothing but a jab at the poor guy.

(let the downvoting commence) :D

EDIT: Sweet, one already! ;)

24. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'm happy with the size of the iPhone but wouldn't mind if it went to 4"