No line in Grand Central store NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bigjnyc, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

For those of you looking for an iPhone in NYC. I walked by on my way to work this morning and the store downstairs in Grand Central station had a total of 5 people on line as of 7:45am this morning. right upstairs the AT&T and Verizon stores had 50+ people on line each.

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Dude, you must standing in the wrong line :p

3. juanomatic macrumors newbie

You definitely have to be in the wrong line.

I was going to pickup my preordered iPhone 6 at 8:00 but I have a firm commitment at 9:00 so I'll have to go after 2:00. It should still be there, right?

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

lol I don't do lines but I walked by and got a look at the whole perimeter while I was walking to work. just saw a few people lined up on the left side of the stairs.

5. juanomatic macrumors newbie

The line by the stairs leading up to the Apple Store appears small on launch days.

But there's a whole other waiting area in one of the tunnels. They do that to keep the Apple customers from impeding the flow of commuter traffic. It is, after all, Grand Central Terminal!

6. iSlanderous macrumors regular

Yeah. Can confirm. Bought my 5S at Grand Central. They put you in the tunnel and move you in groups to the closer line.

7. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Ok got it, I didn't look in the tunnel. I guess thats necessary with the amount of foot traffic in that area.

8. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

9. iSlanderous macrumors regular

Yeah, I thought I was a genius last year and then got shoved into a tunnel like 150th in line.