No longer able to return iPhone 5 after receiving replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiexhart, Oct 23, 2012.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

So I just got back from the Apple Store right now. I went to go to have them check out my iPhone because the service kept dropping and calls would go but not show on my phone that I was on a call. Any who, they ran their diagnosis and said I can swap it for another replacement. Seeing how this was my 4th one, I was hesistant because cosmetically it was PERFECT. But went ahead and did it... he went through 3 till the 3rd was close to perfect "because they ran out"

So I asked, I'd rather just return it then and just buy a 32GB instead then..
    He then tells me, Oh you can no longer return it because you have a replacement... oh my god I practically flat lined... I told him I was NEVER told this nor did I have ANY knowledge of this. Seriously, I didn't know this.

Is this true?! I was so upset and it was freakin cold and was hungry and wanted to go cause I had already been there for 2 hours. :mad::mad::mad::(

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sounds like an excuse to get a 32 GB. What makes you think a different capacity iPhone would be any different cosmetically/functionality?

I bet if you said you've had enough and want to return it for money back, they would've let you.

3. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Please, it's not an excuse. Trying to exchange for a different color is an excuse. I'm seeing as I've already gone through so many damn white box replacements, I see it as I might as well just return it and get a 32 or 64 instead. Either way I have iTune Match.

Point of the matter, am I aloud to return still???

4. michaelmac3 macrumors member

Unfortunately it is. For what it's worth, if you have a functioning replacement phone, you can always sell it and buy a different phone. Not practical for some but with the amount of money 5's are pulling right now on ebay and craigslist, it's feasible.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Different capacity is as much of an excuse as different color.

Again, what makes you think you have a better chance of getting a defect-free iPhone if you get a different capacity, considering that it's too early for any white box replacements to be refurbs?

6. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

THANK you for simply answering my question. :)

7. close2reality macrumors 6502

' hey I'm going to return my iPhone every week ' :mad:

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

This is why I would only exchange for a retail box and not a white box replacement. I swapped mine out a couple times with retail box replacements and was able to return the phone for a full refund.