No Longer Able To Watch Own Videos In iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benh911f, Oct 7, 2013.

1. benh911f macrumors 6502

I tried posting this in the ios 7 subforum, but thought this might be more relevant here. The way they redesigned the Videos App in iOS 7, it lists all your purchased TV Shows and Movies in the App, but I don't see a place to view your own content on the iPad. I tried syncing a non-iTunes purchased TV Show onto my iPad, but am not able to view it. All it lists is my purchased content that is available to download through iCloud.
    Can someone help me out?

2. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

this came up in another thread. you gotta right click the videos in itunes and relabel them or something like that. You can do all of them at once...

3. benh911f thread starter macrumors 6502

I have it listed under TV Shows, properly tagged with metadata using Subler. Am I supposed to change it to Home Video?

4. smoking monkey, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Yes. From what I remember reading that is correct.

I'm yet to upgrade to itunes 11, but will be doing so soon, so let me know if that is actually how it works! Thanks. I reckon this is a problem for quite a few people so the more this info is spread the better.

5. benh911f thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I was able to get it working as in previous versions. I did not need to tag the file as Home Video, it worked properly with the metadata I had used, and with it tagged as a TV Show. However, it took me a few times hitting sync in iTunes for it to work, and it took a good amount of time for iTunes to transfer the file, a 58 minute TV Show, onto the iPad. The most important thing is everything seems to be back to normal, however.