no LTE indicator in los angeles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beinhorn, Sep 21, 2012.

1. beinhorn macrumors member

located in los angeles, in the san fernando valley. cant get lte speeds. phone just shows 4G. anyone else have no LTE?

2. mcdonoughdr macrumors member

Im in 4G coverage and I have no LTE on the iPhone!

3. HelperMonkey macrumors member

The AT&T website shows LTE ending in the hills and none of the Valley covered...

I probably should have looked at that before deciding to stick with AT&T. :rolleyes:

4. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It's not showing it because it doesn't exist...:mad:

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

We have LTE from Verizon and AT&T here in OC but I think I am going to be glad that I switched to Verizon.

6. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

im on verizon and i tried running speedtest in different parts of LA(downtown, east la, south central, watts, compton, long beach primarily) and didnt manage to get anything over 5Mb. most of it was 2-3Mb. dont get me wrong its still a huge upgrade over sprint 3g just was expecting a little more

7. wlim macrumors newbie

I have AT&T LTE in the East San Gabriel Valley, specifically in Arcadia bordering East Pasadena. :)

8. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

9. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

When I first got the phone the 4G nor LTE would show, just E. I knew the area I am in has LTE. So I called AT&T and spoke to technical support they reset something on their end and now I have LTE and in addition 4G. This is in Monterey Park, CA 91754

10. Djrendig macrumors newbie

Yup had the same issue. Just call AT&T technical support. They probably need to switch your phone to LTE in the system. Had no problems after.

11. Steve Ballmer macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

Yup, it seems the SF Valley doesn't have LTE yet. You'd think they'd have it in time for the iPhone 5 launch.

12. NismoRoadster macrumors regular

NismoRoadster

13. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

Anyone here have grandfathered unlimited iphone data? I had with my previous iPhone and upgraded to iPhone 5. When I check online to change features or view my services it does not show a data plan. When I am on the change feature screen it just offers unlimited data for non smart phones. Does the "Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE $30" show up in your features?

14. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

No. It doesn't. But if you go to your ATT app, data usage, it will say you've used blank amount out of 9999GB.

15. dakrisht macrumors newbie

Verizon i5 here - LTE everywhere, Westside, Valley, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills - yes it's been a long day of driving in traffic.

AT&T just sucks

16. SAMtheGAM, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

I don't get a section for data usage on the my AT&T app. It just shows my text messages used.

After I called AT&T to confirm my data plan the rep said I have Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE

In the My AT&T APP it says used 0 MB of unlimited. This feature was added on 9.21.12 and may be prorated.

17. HelperMonkey macrumors member

I spoke to a rep that said "There's a tower planned to bring LTE to Studio City by the end of the year". Not sure if they were just saying that since I mentioned switching to Verizon, or if there actually is one planned. Plus, would "a tower" meet the needs for the area or does it require multiple towers?

----------

And now an online chat with tech support said "We plan to have LTE rolled out in your area by the end of the first quarter 2013."

18. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Yeah, can't believe no lte in the valley anywhere west of glendale. I'm taking my phone back and switching to Verizon. Rep was trying to downplay it like it was no big deal.

19. Outsiderdude26 macrumors regular

Roll out for LTE in the SF valley is ~5 months... and ~7 months for Calabasas.

20. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

3G or LTE, Verizon is just plain better than AT&T's network in Southern California.

21. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I had to call after it sat on 4G all day, in an area which has complete coverage. It's a reset on your dataplan and re-register you to the network. At least that's what they said they done with me to get only LTE... flying now.

22. diegosilang macrumors member

I have AT$T with the grandfathered unlimited data. Drove from Corona to Newport Beach and never saw the LTE icon appear. It was 4g all throughout the drive. Speedtest also shows average of 3mbps down. Very disappointing AT$T :confused:

23. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I had to call with my grandfathered plan. Does the map show that there is LTE coverage? If so, call Customer Care (not on your iPhone, as they had to reset stuff on my account).

24. diegosilang macrumors member

Ill be calling them now. Will let you all know if it improves.

25. The HACK macrumors member

What exactly did they change? I've spoken with Tech Support twice now and they have no clue. In fact they confirmed that I am in the LTE area and are perplexed as to why I'm not getting LTE.