No LTE on iPhone 5 in Boston

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joonlee, Sep 24, 2012.

1. joonlee macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I just picked up my iPhone 5 today in the mail and I used my dad's upgrade and swapped phones with him at the AT&T store. They put in a new sim card and I noticed that my phone was only getting HSPA+ "4G" connection. I tried to restart the phone a couple of times and turned off the data and turned it back on a couple of times. I know I'm in an LTE zone because the iPhone in my AT&T had LTE. Also Boston was one of the first to get LTE from AT&T. Any ideas?

2. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

Give AT&T a call. Technical support needs to reset your data provisioning. Also, the IMEI on your line may not of been updated with your iPhone 5 iMEI. And also make sure you are on an LTE data plan. The rep at the store may not of changed your data plan to the proper one.

3. close2reality macrumors 6502

Not to insult your intelligence but is LTE turned on under 'Phone' settings?

4. joonlee thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it is

5. DJRosko, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

DJRosko macrumors newbie

I live in Southie and travel to pembroke a lot-in my fiance's house in pembroke I get HSPA+ all the time and it bounces between that and LTE. In southie I have LTE almost constantly. Any q's or if you need any technology help or any assistance w AT&T etc-I do technology consulting and such on the side.

-Rosko

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Call AT&T and give them the i5 imei.
    Sounds like something is screwed up on their end with your account settings.