No luck with Apple Store reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tsduke, Oct 19, 2012.

1. tsduke macrumors regular

I've tried a few times to reserve from the closest store. Not only has there never been stock at the closest one, but I've yet to see stock at any of the stores it lists for my location.

2. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Make sure to have a phone added to your cart by 9:50pm and then around 9:55pm start refreshing and at 9:58 the inventory will be up. By 10:05 all the inventory is sold out. I have been able to reserve 3 different iphones on different days using this technique and multiple browsers. Make sure you have a profile saved and all your info is stored.

3. -Advances macrumors member

4. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I did all that except refresh before 10pm. I'll try that next time.

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Amazed that after almost a month, iPhone supply/demand still doesn't appear close to equilibrium.

6. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

Me too. I hope this isn't a sign of apple in the future. This has not been a successful launch in my opinion. A month after launch there is no excuse for being this far behind demand.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

It just means a lot of people want iPhones, and they aren't able to make them fast enough. Would you rather them wait another month to release it so that everyone can get them at the same time?

8. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think it means that at all, but on that same point maybe they shouldn't launch so many countries so close together. Apple is still showing 3-4 weeks out after one month.

9. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

You don't think it means that at all? Not to pick on you, but on what basis are you drawing that conclusion? By all indications, including 5 million sold in the first weekend, the demand for iPhone 5 is insane.

10. Bruins Fan macrumors member

Bruins Fan

I won't mind the wait as long as I receive a properly functioning iPhone 5 that looks as it should (brand new) out of the box.

11. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

On the basis that we've heard no sales numbers since and the Apple's stock trending down since shortly after launch.

----------

I can agree with that, but...I also think that should be expected no matter when you get it.

12. lyngo macrumors 6502

My story

I learned about the Verizon loophole last week and how to be able to transfer another family members' upgrade eligibility onto a grandfather unlimited data line. I called the local Verizon store outside of Rochester NY in the upstate NY area and walked out with a brand new iPhone 5. They had inventory when I went in and the next day I had to go back to actually activate my SIM card. Again, they still had inventory in stock.

Good luck in getting one for yourself! I do hope that it all works out soon. For the record, by the way, the local Verizon store only had 32GB and 64GB models in both colors. They don't have any 16GB at this point.

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Check your local Target, Walmart, and even Best Buy stores as well.

14. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

I'm leaning towards paying full price to keep unlimited. I've heard some of them charge additional. Is that true?

15. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Welcome to my club! My first reserve was couple weeks ago and it was a gat experience other than a defected iphone out of the box! But now it has been 5 days straight that I can't even check out before it is sell out right after I enter my credit card infos then agree the terms! :rolleyes: that just piss me off.

16. mplenhart macrumors newbie

Logged on last night at around 10:17 and all stores in my area had iPhone 5s in stock. Seems like they are starting to crack the whips in China a little harder so that they can replenish the shortage in the States. Bravo Apple!

17. tsduke thread starter macrumors regular

Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite.

18. escape1974 macrumors member

You can enter all of that beforehand and have expedited checkout turned on so you don't have to go through all of that. Then it's more of a one click process.

If you guys go to other stores, don't just call, GO TO THEM. I had a local Radioshack put me ahead of a bunch of folks because I was super flexible about what I wanted and I went in there and I was NICE to them about the wait list. Their online inventory was wrong so I asked to be put on the wait list for 2 versions, we chatted while he was doing that and he said the phone showing up was probably a pre-order and that if they guy didn't want it, he'd call me. He did exactly as promised, too. The power of niceness will get you EVERYWHERE when dealing with these folks.

19. aziatiklover, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I used the app, and apple.com and for some reasons I still have to enter all my infos after I choose in stock!

Edit: so i got my infos save on apple.com thanx for the tip.

20. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

i've been to numerous targets, walmarts, bestbuys, and radio shack who never received a single phone on launch day. Everywhere is still sold out around the Dallas area.

21. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Quite a few folks here have been reporting that radio shack wants an extra $50 and a bunch of accessories before they will sell the iPhone 5 to people who don't want to be in a contract.

Not everyone who wants an iPhone 5 wants to be in a contract.

22. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Launching in so many countries at one time has definitely thinned out supply. Being this is such a high demand product and producing it has had its problems
    it may take a few more weeks to see greater supply in stores.
    Seems as though reserving and getting an Iphone5 is not that tough in most cities.
    In any case, theres always online with a 3-4 week wait which will probably get better also.

23. AznTakumi macrumors regular

I was able to one iPhone 5 16gb black these past three days. I got one each from RadioShack, target and Walmart. You just have to call daily and hopefully you get one. Ask when should I call back as they usually give you some time to call.

24. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

I lucked out - after trying for a week, i gave up and just ordered (through AT&T in store) last Friday night.

Got it yesterday 8D

25. zencowboy macrumors member

zencowboy

I lucked out as well around the Denver area on my 2nd night try for 32GB white att. Was my 2nd iphone 5.