No matter the network, it's still an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super tomtendo, Feb 6, 2011.

1. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Why do people start up these threads to compare or bash the other network(s)?

At the end of the day it is still an iPhone no matter the network - aside from a few minor things like, 3G/Voice at the same time, which I have never actually found myself in the need of using during a phone call and if you do have that issue, WiFi and Voice work together(obviously you need to be connected to an WiFi network).

We should all embrace both Verizon iPhone and AT&T iPhone. This is a MacRumors website, which I assume all of us use Macs and love Apple.

I have waited all these years to get my Verizon iPhone and I finally have the opportunity on my network to use it. Embrace it. Don't start a fan boy bash-a-thon.

I currently own the Motorola Droid and I am so tired of it - it never works properly. Be happy for me. Be happy for others in the same position. And are we early adopting knowing their will most likely be a new iPhone in the summer? Yes, but this is also a personal decision that we all made.

My point is:
    At the end of the day no matter which carrier one chooses, it's still an Apple iPhone. Embrace that Apple is expanding their market. It's not only good for people like me, but also it's extremely wise on Apple's side because Google Android pushes phones out left and right just to gain market share.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

You mean this isn't AppleAndATandTFanboys.com?

3. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

4. utneon macrumors regular

at least you know that there will be a new iphone in summer. i hate those americans who think apple will not release the iphone just because of 1 american carrier. what about the rest of the world

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Maybe where you live.

I'm with the OP on this one. Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint all suck in their own specific places. What don't people understand about that? Its not worth arguing about it.

6. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

+1 thats so true

7. seajay96 macrumors 6502

I think the fact that there is such fervor over the Verizon release just demonstrates how much better overall the iPhone and Apple ecosystem is than Android and Google. Verizon has the top of the line Android phones and have a new release every two or three months, but, how often does that make national, let alone international news? I, for one, don't use either carrier right now, but I've never had any problems with either one. For me, when I return to the US, I'll go with AT&T because they have good coverage in my area and I need the GSM worldwide capability.

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

From where I sit in my office 10 hours a day both AT&T and Verizon signal blows. I have to go out in the hallway near a window to even make a phone call on both carriers.

This was with 'smart phones' on both carriers. Back when I had a regular old Motorola, I got a great signal.

9. zenio macrumors 6502

Kudo's to the OP for opening a thread with a very positive intelligent approach.

Sadly, you then read the same old negative crap which is typical of Apple Zealots, who would rather be using low life vocabulary to respond in their own self serving way.

No wonder there's people who don't want to be associated with Apple.

10. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Do you have iPhone with AT&T? If so it's the radio/hardware. The absence of qualcomm chipset is primary reason for issues with iPhone on AT&T I'm starting to believe. A tech told me a majority of calls he gets are for the iPhone. SF and NYC doesn't experience nearly as many issues with non iPhones.

11. elan123 macrumors 6502

So does verizon's pricing plans

12. seajay96 macrumors 6502

I would have to disagree with that. I live in Paris with at least as dense a population as NYC, where iPhones and Blackberries are ubiquitous, multiple carriers are available, and where there are almost NO problems with any smartphone hardware, no issues with dropped calls or poor coverage. Its not the hardware.

That being said, AT&T works great in my hometown in the US.

13. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'm believing it's the hardware as the frequencies are different overseas. The iPhone seems not to be able to handle the frequencies in the USA as well as the frequencies in Europe.

Why does tech support in the USA get significantly more iPhone calls due to network issues than non iPhone smart phones?

14. eww7633 macrumors regular

I hate all those Non-Americans who don't acknowledge that the United States is Apple's biggest and most visible market, and where they make their most money. So the US dictates what products get released and when.

15. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

+1 for the OP.

I love to say this to anyone and everyone saying "verizon blah blah, at&t blah"....

Regardless of which carrier you have, this is an iPhone forum. Not a carrier forum. There are pro's and con's to every carrier. Arguing about them is ridiculous.

So lets talk about the iPhone shall we?

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

My understanding is AT&T told Apple to use a different chip in the iPhone for 3G. They told Apple the chip they were using did not work well for their tower set up and would cause issues. Works fine over seas but not as well for AT&T. Problem is AT&T was optimised for a TDMA network and kind of had to do some work arounds to get it all set up for a W-CDMA(3G) compared to Europe which did get the tower optimised for W-CDMA so it could get away with a weaker radio.

That I believe is the reason why the iPhone has more issues than other smart phones not counting the antennagate problems as well. That part is a huge part of the reason why the 3GS and 3G had some issues. Along with Apple software glitch of it drowning out other phones by going full power all the time.

17. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Still waiting for UPS to deliver... haha

And when I get it, it's still going to be an iPhone. There is no such thing as a Verizon/AT&T iPhone.

IT'S AN APPLE iPHONE! NO matter what carrier... come on guys, stop comparing. The network is a personal decision, no matter what you choose it's still an iPhone.

18. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I'm coming back to what I said a few days ago. Everyone is complaining about the speeds, etc. from network to network.

Come on people, no matter what network/carrier it's on, it's still an DAMN APPLE iPHONE!

19. EvilEvil macrumors 6502a

EvilEvil

AT&T sucks in most places except for a few select cities. That's why i avoided getting the iPhone until Verizon started carrying it.