"NO" means "NO" Steve! (Take a hint, idiot! STAY OUT OF MY LAPTOP, STALKER!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lPHONE, May 3, 2010.

1. lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

I don't know why, but every couple days my Mac interrupts me and asks me to update iTunes. I tell it NO and select the checkbox to DO NOT ASK ME AGAIN but Steve won't leave me alohone!!!! :mad:

To make matters worse, I have 3 Macs so I have to waste more time telling Steve to go to hell, when in reality, HE KNOWS I don't want it because I was signed into my iTunes account each time I refused it. He's got a piece of paper in front of him the reads:
    LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!
    I'M A HUMAN/!!1 :mad:

2. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Could the preference be corrupted?

Why don't you want to install the update?

3. lPHONE thread starter macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

because they bloat the computer and slow it down.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Bollocks.

They don't.

Always keep your software up to date.

5. Shanebenn macrumors newbie

Going by your signature you have an iPad. So i would more so suggest the latest itunes then an older version for the bug patches. And i don't believe that the updates are bloatware in fact many give you more performance.

I believe your right and it shouldn't keep bugging you. But then why not just bite the bullet and upgrade?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Breathe.

You know, if you just install the update it'll stop asking you.

8. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

press the button

PRESS THE BUTTON

PRESS THE BUTTON!

9. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

How did you work out which version to install in the first place? From iTunes 1 to 9.1.1? Which ones are bloated and which aren't? I'd really like to know.

AppleMatt

10. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

11. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Unless you have jailbroken devices I don't see why you wouldn't just upgrade? And I really don't think itunes upgrades will bloat your machine any more than the previous versions. If anything there might be a few performance enhancements.

12. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Between the paranoia concerning upgrading, the delusion that upgrading slows your computer down, and the uncontrolled shouting in your posts of colorful language, may I suggest therapy, and perhaps medication?

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

You do know it isn't Steve asking you personally to update. He isn't targeting you personally.

14. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

The magic coin says so. Heads for lovely, Tails for bloat. Three Tails in a row? Burn them all...

15. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Lol

We've got this guy "Not Sure".... LOL

...It started off boring and slow with Not Sure trying to ******** everyone with a bunch of smart talk: 'Blah blah blah. You gotta believe me!' That part of the trial sucked! But then the Chief J. just went off. He said, 'Man, whatever! The guy's guilty as ****! We all know that.' And he sentenced his ass to one night of rehabilitation!

Que dilldozer and ass-blaster...

16. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Just update it.

And "alohone". Letz lern howe 2 speel mmkay? :rolleyes:

17. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Could your itunes version have the settings bug "remember my settings" that does not take. A some version ago I ran into this bug when itunes never remembered my password in spite of me using the remember feature. Perhaps it's the same bug popping up here for you.

Post was fun to read though go easy on the Steve :)

18. ranguvar macrumors 6502

19. Tower-Union macrumors 6502

Tower-Union

Do it. Install the upgrade, then drink the cool aid. Its bliss. . .

20. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

How funny would it be if iTunes 9.1.1 "fixed an issue with upgrade prompts not remembering user preferences" :p

21. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

I am happily still running iTunes 8.2.1. It does everything I want. I have no interest in Social Sharing, Home Sharing, Genius Mixes, a new store format, LP extras, etc., etc. It's likely that someday I'll buy a new device that will force me to upgrade, or a new OS won't support the old version, but until then I won't bother with it.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Given that it is free and offers better performance, why wouldn't you update? I can see the point in not updating if they removed features or somehow made it worse. I don't use any of those features you mentioned either (except Genius very rarely, it is pretty great).

I'm general curious here!

23. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Seriously, why should I make a change if I'm happy? It's not like I'm uninformed about the differences. I looked over the whole feature list of iTunes 9, read several reviews, and decided there wasn't a single new feature there that interested me. And it also sounded like the UI for the store was not as nice as in iTunes 8, exactly why I don't remember now.

Just what performance is better anyway?

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Boot times are a lot faster with my library (300gb), same with syncing and general navigation and memory usage is down a bit.
    Don't like the new store though. I still can't find where they put iPod 5G games. Other than that its nothing but improvements.