Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
I'm not sure how they keep posting, as I registered because it said guest posting was not allowed.
Anyway, I think you should disable guest/anonymous posting everywhere! They are always the posts that are the most critical/stupid/annoying.
If they want to participate in discussion they should register.

Sorry, but I don't even give any "guest postings" a second glance anymore. Too much BS.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Re: No more guests/unregistered users, please.

Originally posted by BeerDrinker29
I'm not sure how they keep posting, as I registered because it said guest posting was not allowed.
Anyway, I think you should disable guest/anonymous posting everywhere! They are always the posts that are the most critical/stupid/annoying.
If they want to participate in discussion they should register.

Sorry, but I don't even give any "guest postings" a second glance anymore. Too much BS.

God forbid anyone should criticize or annoy BeerDrinker29. After all, this is a Mac rumors site - we should neither expect nor allow anything but absolute conformity and unconditional agreement.

Alex

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
man arent we cynical. come on peeps lets just Love everyone and be cool! Dig it!

now how is it possible for unregistereds to post in the first place? I thought that was taken care of already?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I dont see the big deal

It seems to me that there are still more registered posters here than guests. If there startes to be more posts from guests than from registered memebers... then I would start to think about banning them. I know I regestered because I wanted in on the action and I didnt want anyone to post with my name. They will join if they like it ... or they just wont comeback anymore if they dont.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Unregistered posts have been allowed on the Article discussion only... mostly to promote spontaneous discusssion... overall, the quality of the posts have been very good... I've had to delete more registered posts over time than unreg'd...

but as traffic increases, it becomes a security/spam risk... I'll be turning it off.

arn

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by arn
Unregistered posts have been allowed on the Article discussion only... mostly to promote spontaneous discusssion... overall, the quality of the posts have been very good... I've had to delete more registered posts over time than unreg'd...

but as traffic increases, it becomes a security/spam risk... I'll be turning it off.

arn

Some of the unregistered posters have sparked some interesting talks. They get the blood flowing some times. :)

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Sometimes useful, often annoying.

Sometimes an unregistered user will spark some interesting discussion. Hoever, most of the time, unregistered users will post the most irrelevant noise posts you see on forums. This site is great for having a very low amount of "crap" posts. That's why I like to hang out here so much. :)

Matthew

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
It seems to me that all of PC users who want to antagonize us register while mostly casual viewers post as a guest. The ones who take the time to annoy have 5 minutes to register.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.