No network service on 3gs even if at&t is the original carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Against Fools, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Against Fools macrumors newbie

Hello, recently I jailbroke my 3gs, before the jailbreak it had the 4.3.2 and the 05.16.02 firmware and it was running fine with the at&t network.
    I used the tutorial from iclarified to perform an untethered jailbreak. Everything went with success it activated it self automatically without the at&t sim card (this phone is locked to at&t)..but it no longer accepts any card even the at&t one.
    Everything that it says is:
    when without sim: "No SIM"
    when with sim, and even with at&t : "Searching" for a couple seconds then "No Service".
    I would really want to know what is happening and a possible fix. I do NOT want to upgrade my baseband for now and i do NOT want to unlock it either i just want to make it work again with at&t.
    I disabled/enabled the 3g, data service, switched on off airplane mode restored the network settings without any success.
    Thank you!.

Also please tell me the different ways of what can be the "message" i mean the text written for the network:
    As far as i know you may get a:
    No SIM, Searching, No Service and the name of the network if it accepts it or if it is unlocked. BUT i remember before jailbreaking it that when I was inserting a sim card that is from a different country or the t-mobile one it would say something different I just don't remember what...
    If you have a locked phone and you insert another carrier sim what it would say in the upper corner?
    Update: it was saying "Invalid SIM" when i was inserting the one from another country. now it doesn't it just says "No Service"....

2. Against Fools thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok so what modem firmware is the iphone on now?
    Did you try a DFU restore and setup as new?
    You're positive its locked to AT&T?
    Did you try a different AT&T sim to make sure there no probs with the sim you're using and the simcard is valid and has service on it? If its a deactivated AT&T sim it will obviously display "no service".

4. Against Fools thread starter macrumors newbie

Sry I forgot to mention that.
    1. it is 5.0.1 untethered with 05.16.05 band.
    2. No i didn't.
    3. Absolutely. It is locked and it was locked to at&t before the jailbreak.
    4. I didn't try a different one but i tried to insert it into another phone and it works just fine. Yes it has service on it.
    Thank you!.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, it might be a hardware issue.
    Try a restore first and if it still doesnt read any AT&T sims bring it to Apple.
    Hope you're still under warranty.