NO NEW PowerMacs till end of Aug/September

The_Mac_Man_02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I have it on reliable sources that there will be no new Powermacs for at least 6 weeks!!! and possibly until Paris!!

Apple are expecting for such high demand on the new range of PowerMacs that they are already have finalized configurations and started building them (2 weeks ago). They're still building CTO to PMs.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Could you possibly enlighten us as to whom the source is (not a name or anything, but how he/she knows this)

Also, I know you asked about specs.....cough em up buddy...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I have to agree with teabgs here. To open up with a statement like that and expect us to just believe you is a little tough. Until you provide us with any proof all we can do is consider it speculation.....

D

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Come one. We all have sources for the most part, but you at least have to say what company they work for. There is no way that it will go to Paris. They cannot afford to wait that long, as some Mac users would flock to the Hammer when it comes out. Seriously, you have to bring more than that.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there wont be new powermacs until the end of the rebate promotion guys...

-pete

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Powermcs

Hey I dont' get everyones complaints.... you want the power macs and your willing to wait till august... and then the g5's are coming at january (most likely).
Why don't you just wait till then and see what the G5 can do for you.... most likely alot more than the newer powermacs.

Despite all the rumors that Classic won't work on the G5's it still is an unconfirmed rumor... just like the powermacs were going to come out MWNY... they didn't!

WAIT FOR THE G5'S

Marianco

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2002
I'm so disappointed!

We've been waiting so long...
Apple's falling behind further and further...

Maybe the delay is because Stevie was angry/embarrassed/ashamed that the current 1 GHz Dual G4 Powermacs were destroyed in comparison to the Dual Athlon and single 2.6 Ghz Pentium 4 computers recently. The probable whatever 1.2 Ghz G4 model was planned for release couldn't show its face since it couldn't beat a 2.6 Ghz Pentium 4 even with the standard Photoshop sequences. At 2.6 GHz and up, the Pentium 4's rudimentary copy of Altivec beats the 1 Ghz G4 Altivec. Thus speed matters, particularly when you make the Pentium 4 2.5 times faster to make up for its shortcomings.

Oh well...

Hopefully, when the G4 is finally released, it is at least 1.5 GHz, with a great memory subsystem and high bus speed. The bus speed will help make up for its gigahertz shortcoming.

The delay in new Powermacs is making me think of purchasing a custom 2.6 Ghz Pentium 4 Windows XP just for running a Filemaker Pro database. Filemaker Pro depends mainly on integer processing speed which in turn depends on GHz processor speed. Maybe I've been deluding myself in continuing to use the Mac for Filemaker Pro, when I could have gotten faster speeds easily with a cheaper PC.

Of course for other programs - Photoshop, etc., the Mac rules. Thus I wait.

APPLEP58

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2002
Apple uses two terms BTR = Build To Replenish (standard model units)
and CTO (Config To Order)

BTO is no longer used as to not confuse it with BTR

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
hey guys, dependable sources just alerted me that apple has a hovercraft in the works though it may ship as late as 2085.

:rolleyes:

just goes to show how believable what you said is. It is of course more believable then what I said, but what would the world be without exhaguration (i didnt spell that right :) ). I would really like to see some specs, and a concrete release date. I really hope it is late august, andthat speeds exceed 1.2 GHz. Apple and moto need to get off their arses.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
This really is a pointless thread..... I thought everyone was aware that new PowerMacs were on there way.... and that they are due around the end of August/start of Sept.... :rolleyes: :)

And I got that from my sources..... heh heh :p :p :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.