No NFL Mobile on iPhone if you have Unlimited Data!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zachnelson, Sep 30, 2012.

1. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Haha this is a joke. This weekend is a free weekend for NFL Mobile (Verizon thing).

However, you can only stream games if you have tiered data hahaha. So you watch one game, and use up all your data for the month. Can't use it if you have unlimited.

What a joke!

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

One of many instances where carriers limit their customers for no reason.

3. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

So much for trying to interest customers in their service, Verizon pisses me off!

4. Randyrat macrumors member

I have NFL mobile on my iPhone 5, and I am streaming on LTE just fine.
    I also have unlimited data. Perhaps they are limiting you an a free weekend basis?

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

6. lamenramen macrumors regular

I am not playing games with carriers anymore. That's why I buy my phone at full price, whichever phone I want, and then I pick the service. Prepaid. I will never sign a contract ever again. They have nickeled and dimed me with fees and confusing crap about pro-rating after I have already quit and charged me a month in advance at times after I amended my plan etc. It is not worth it. This no NFL mobile stuff if true is just another thing. When I switched my iPhone sim card into an android phone they took away my unlimited data. I didn't fight them because it I knew right then and there I was done.
    Sounds crazy but it is not about the money. There are many things more expensive than a cell phone bill monthly. I just hate how we are treated and not to mention generally incompetent customer service.
    Go prepaid and don't pay more than $35 a month.

7. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

I get an error message: You must subscribe to a tiered data plan 2GB or higher to use NFL mobile.

8. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Question: how does an app know what data plan you have?

You said the free weekend is a Verizon thing, so do you have to log in using your Verizon account and that's how it knows?

Just curious.

9. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I just hope the NFL will see the light and realize that carrier exclusivity is stupid in the age of smartphones and app ecosystems. When their contract with Verizon is done, they could launch their own NFL mobile app in the Appstore & Google Playstore independent of any carrier BS restrictions. Hell... I'd whip out my credit card and give them $5 per month for access.

10. PN4 macrumors member

Mine is working also and I'm on unlimited. I've been watching redzone all day!

Who Dey!

Edit: Want to specify that I'm using LTE and my WiFi is off.

11. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

If not everyone can have unlimited data, why should unlimited data users get the same access to those who are not on unlimited?

You got unlimited data, so **** and enjoy it.

12. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

OMG I LOVE you! I have unlimited data and this works for me. I just recently got rid of my cable/Direct TV and have been missing out on football and NOW I CAN WATCH MY GIANTS!!

You sir are amazing for making this thread as I did not know this app existed.

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Verizon's forums have a CS poster saying that the restriction is for those w/ plans under 2 GB and those w/ unlimited are fine

14. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

Might wanna be calling Verizon and verify what plan you have...........