No one can give me a straight up answer at the Apple Store! SIMPLE iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I want to purchase an unlocked 8GB iPhone 4 along with a 4S on Verizon, and the *******s there keep saying "they don't know" if they would have the unlocked iPhone 4 8GB in stock. What do you guys think? The online store says in stock and ready to go, but the stores themselves just seem like they have no clue what they are doing. I ended up calling all the stores in AZ only to get different answers from everybody.

I was hopeless and ended up calling the Apple Store in Valley Fair near Cupertino and they said yes. I also called 5th Ave New York just to see, and they also said yes.

So what is it Apple? Will I be able to get the Unlocked 4 along with the 4S or not? They are for two different people and I would not want any disappointment!

</rant>

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Relax, maybe they really don't know or don't have them yet. Most of the stores still have the Factory Unlocked 16GB in their inventory.

3. eric18 macrumors member

Call the store you want to go into and hold them to it when you go in. The way I see it, if some stores say they have it, then that means that it should be in stock.

4. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I hope you aren't trying to buy the unlocked phone for Verizon as well, as the unlocked 4 (and 4S) are GSM only (even though the 4S has the CDMA radio).

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or just order it online.
    Not every customer service rep knows everything so instead of saying yes they tell you they dont know or they're not sure.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

A tried & true method to lure customers in is to give vague info over the phone. Not everyone is as interested as we enthusiasts are. Apple uses customary retail training to bring people in, then switch them to the products the store _does_ have. Most people will settle for whatever is suggested. Remember Apple is no longer an enthusiast store, it a retail store for the masses. It's all about high volume sales.

7. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Here's an idea, why don't you GO TO THE STORE on Friday and ask? That why you don't have to come here and post stupid ignorant rant posts.

8. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

The unlocked one will be for T-Mobile, the 4S will be on a Verizon line.

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Yeah, hold them to it. If they don't actually have any in stock, tell them you're going to stand there until they get one in stock. That will show them.

:rolleyes: