No one home to sign for ip4 on June 24?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rldudeck, Jun 16, 2010.

1. rldudeck macrumors newbie

Just wondering what my best option is to recieve ip4 without anyone home to sign for the package.. i will be returning home on the 25th...

2. Advil macrumors 6502a

pre-sign with apple/fedex :)

http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery

3. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

how do you do that?

4. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

My local hubs/depots for UPS and FedEx both allow customer pick-up, ususally something about 10am-5.30pm. You can check with your local depot for the delivery service being used for their hours, and see if Apple can shift the delivery to "Hold For Pick Up". Did this recently for something being held for my mom's birthday, and whom I currently live with, as I knew I would be at word for all the days of the delivery attempts. In my case, the holding location is right down the street from work - was easy to get to for me.

5. me2000 macrumors 6502

I'm going to pre-sign for my shipment and swing back home during my lunch to pick it up. I hope it goes that smoothly.. :p

6. jhiner macrumors regular

7. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

The only problem with pre signing is that sometimes the delivery, especially Fedex delivery, will leave the package in a very undesirable area. I always worry about kids in my neighborhood seeing the word "Apple" on the box and stealing it.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This this this. OP: Just have them attempt to deliver it. They will try the next day, OR, you can call them and pick it up and the nearest location.

9. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

You're not home on the 24th.

The package requires a signature so FedEx will not leave it.

You'll be home on the 25th.

The conclusion to this story seems pretty self-explanatory given that FedEx and UPS both make 3 delivery attempts.

10. Man on the moon macrumors regular

You can call the nearest fed ex or UPS offices (not store) and ask them to hold it. I do this with amazon and I'm guessing apple should be no different, Less work for them.

11. Krayd2k macrumors member

Whoever is pre signing type in your address here:D

12. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Their boxes are never marked with "Apple". The return address simply says "AI". Of course, anybody that orders from them often enough would know this, but most people wouldn't.

13. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

one att rep told me to never presign because the iphones seem to be a hot commodity with thieves..... hmmmm i wonder why:D

14. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Call Fedex or UPS, who ever Apple decides to use. Tell them you are willing to pickup on Saturday. Other option is to have the delivery person deliver to your next door friend, someone you trust.

Do not sign and release on front door. There will be stupid people driving following delivery truck taking your package away.

15. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

AT&T does not require a signature like Apple does. I was surprised to hear that. I still would not risk it though.

16. California King macrumors 65816

Exactly what I was thinking. Especially on this day with all the pre-orders. I would definitely just pick it up at Fedex or UPS.

17. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Perhaps you are correct. I could have sworn that my MBP a couple years back had shipped from Apple on the box. But then again not sure. I don't order much through the mail.

18. Krayd2k macrumors member

The ups/fed ex drivers are gonna carry ak 47's on the 24th

19. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

I seem to recall with Apple when I ordered a nano a while back I had to go through Apple to change the delivery type.

20. davidpace macrumors newbie

Is there any way to pre-sign if I preordered from AT&T as I won't be home on the 24th until around 3pm??

21. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

That really just depends on where you live and how well you know your delivery person.

Seems FedEx leaves the packages wherever they please :rolleyes: UPS does the best job around here and it doesn't hurt that I know him pretty well.

22. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Quick question here. I am from Canada and Im about to order a MacBook Pro, and the Apple site says someone over the age of 18 needs to sign. Well I am 16 and my parents will proabably be at work, so do they really check ID?

And lets say they do, can I just get my next door neighbor to sign it?

Thanks

23. FatherAwesome macrumors newbie

I had the same question, I ordered mine from ATT and was just wondering what they will do with my iPhone if I am not there to sign for it?

24. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

I had the same question, I ordered mine from ATT and was just wondering what they will do with my iPhone if I am not there to sign for it?

Same here - I searched ATT site, but i see no form or way to "pre sign" a release? anyone know?

thanks

25. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

They make three attempts. Three days in a row if you do nothing. Otherwise take the slip they left at you door and you can have them hold for pickup. :cool: