No Option for me to keep 200 messages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by valenrandy, Sep 14, 2012.

1. valenrandy macrumors member

valenrandy

I can access the site just fine to upgrade both of my lines but i run into a problem.

1. On my first line it allows me to keep my unlimited data but it then forces me to choose either 20cent/message or unlimited messaging for 20$. It does not display the 200 message plan that has always been bundled with my data.

2. on line 2 I have the 2gb data for 25 with 5$/200 messages and is also forcing me to choose the 20cent/message or unlimited for 20$.

Any way to keep what I have?

I would have been done by 2:01am if it wasn't for this and I'm on hold with ATT.

2. billhelm macrumors regular

Let us know what you find out. I'm in the same boat.

3. arom macrumors 6502

Same here, no option to keep it via the apple store. I just selected pay per use and will call AT&T

4. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

i spoke to at&t yesterday and they said i would be able to keep my $5/200 texts if i upgraded to the iphone 5. I assume that the apple site simply doesnt recognize/address grandfathered texting plans. I'm sure you would have the option to keep it if you were to purchase the iphone at an apple store.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just spoke w/ AT&T about this. If you had a grandfathered text plan it stays on your acct until you actively select another one so no worries.

6. christof macrumors 6502

I was told I could keep $5 Messaging 200 when I bought iPhone through AT&T. They told me they'd unbundle original grandfathered $20 unlimited iPhone data and Messaging 200; unlimited data would cost $30 and Messaging 200 would cost $5.

I activated iPhone. I lost Messaging 200. AT&T made a case and they said no. I complained again and said: do you want my $5 monthly or shall I block messaging completely? There's no way I'm switching to unlimited family messaging nor unlimited individual plan messaging. They filed another case. I finally got Messaging 200 back 3 weeks after I lost it when I activated iPhone 5.

7. kevink2 macrumors 65816

When I upgraded, I tried both ATT online and Apple online. The ATT website didn't show any option to keep existing plan for me. Wanted me to choose a new text plan. The Apple web site allowed me to keep it.

Opposite from your experience.

8. christof macrumors 6502

I called my order in through AT&T. I did not place an order online. I knew I'd risk losing $5 Messaging 200 plan when they told me they'd have to re-add it to my account after unbundling it from $15 original iPhone unlimited data. Initially, like I said, they told me no, even though they promised and noted otherwise on the account. But I repeatedly called and made cases until they gave it to me. Horrible experience. I worry about my next equipment upgrade.

I hate AT&T.