No persistent WiFi on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adcx64, Sep 22, 2012.

1. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Hey guys,
    I am absolutely loving my new iPhone, however, I have one issue/inconvenience. Whenever I wake the phone up from sleep, it shows the LTE logo for a few seconds before it reconnects to wifi. Shouldn't the iPhone stay connected to wifi so I don't use any LTE data while the phone is sleeping, like when a push notification comes through?

Thanks!

2. Huliodude macrumors member

Yup, my iPhone 4 has been doing this ever since I upgraded to iOS 6. I think the change is in the OS, not the phone...

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

This is normal and has been for a long time. We can debate whether is should be this way, but there's nothing wrong with your phone/setup.

4. hkfan24 macrumors regular

5. weeble8604 macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem. I'll connect to my wifi at home by entering in the password. Then after like 10 min or so I'll look up at the top left corner of my screen and notice that I'm no longer connected to my wifi, just 4g. So I have to go back in and enter the password again. Rinse repeat. It's getting really annoying

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

This happened to me Saturday morning for an hour or two until I'd had enough :mad: and unplugged the router, turned off the modem and then turned everything back on again. No sign of the trouble since then. :)