No pets in Riyadh Saudi Arabia?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

2. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I was going to post, DHM. It's just that I don't think I can talk about Saudi Arabia and keep it to their attitude about pets and pet ownership (whilst it is a crazy story).

It's like saying 'I heard Radovan Karadzic has bad B.O.'. I'm sure he does but let's face it, we're hardly going for the jugular with that one.

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Maybe we should add Saudi Arabia to the 'Axis of Evil' on the basis of it's treatment of pets. Oh, and the Vietnamese. :rolleyes:

As és: has already said, this is a total non-story.

5. Queso macrumors G4

The most interesting part of that article is right at the end where it states that in Saudi "many cannot afford it" with regards to owning a cat. Yeah, trillions and trillions of dollars in wealth and its all held by parasites the King and his immediate family :rolleyes:

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

7. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Many, many tillions of their wealth is in US banks and also lots invested in the US. So they are not just stealing their wealth, they are giving it away.

8. mpw Guest

I think pets are just so pointless; the idea of 'owning' a living thing for my own gratification just seems odd, and expensive.

9. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Never had a dog, eh?

10. mpw Guest

Not of my own no, but surrounded by various animals growing up, and never really bought into the idea of pets for pets sake.

Too many people I've known who would call themselves pet lovers do things like walk their dog at 7am, then lock it in a single room until they get home from work at 6pm, walk it again, feed it then allow it a couple of hours sat at their feet while they watch TV before being locked back in that single room again until 7am again.

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Man, is that ever a naive post.

Try "owning" a cat sometime.

12. mpw Guest

How so?

We had a few cats as I was growing up, amongst several other animals, and they served no real purpose, we had no rodent problem to control.

13. Queso macrumors G4

Yeah, that's pretty bad, but it's not exactly typical. Our dog gets walked four or five times a day and is very rarely left on his own. He always has full run of the flat and sleeps on a big beanbag at the end of our bed.

It's all down to how you perceive their place in your home. To some the dog is just a pet, to others part of the family.

14. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I agree with you and your stance on pets. I'm not a fan.

15. nanofrog macrumors G4

LOL! :D
    I know exactly what you mean. They think they own you, and everything else. :p

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

17. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another fine example on How crazy Man can be .......if he has a religion thats crazy enough for him to follow.

Chalk it up to another case of Govt /Religion trying to run your life.

No walking of your pet because it may be a "pick up attempt" Amazing. just really Amazing.