No Phones Available In-Store @ Verizon Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mojo pin, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

I just did an online chat with a Verizon CSR because I was a little confused as to what time my local store opens on Friday. I've been reading online that it's at 8:00am both here on the forum and on the Verizon website as well, but an employee of the Verizon here said he thought they're opening at 6:00am just like they have on all other iPhone launch days. So I asked the online CSR guy if he would be able to clarify that for me, and his response was:

CSR: I really think they will open at normal time as the iPhone is on back order already and the people that have already ordered it would have to get their phones before the stores would be able to offer them.

Me: Okay, thank you for your help. So you're saying that the stores may not even get any phones in stock due to the online pre-orders having been sold-out?

CSR: That is correct. The ship date is already all the way back to 10/5 everywhere.

Can that possibly be right? No Verizon stores will be getting the iPhone on launch day? I asked a similar question on here before and was told that they have a certain allotted amount of phones for pre-order, and a separate amount for in-store sales. I know a lot of CSRs don't know what they're talking about a lot of the time but I'm just not sure what to believe. :confused:

2. leenak macrumors 68020

Call your local store, not the Verizon phone number.

3. Fontane macrumors regular

That CSR is wrong. The corporate website is even advertising extended hours at all their stores.

4. mojo pin thread starter macrumors regular

mojo pin

I feel like such an idiot. :eek: I didn't even realize that the local stores had their own numbers. When they were still Alltel here they didn't have that; you had to call the main number to talk to someone. I guess I hadn't tried it since. Anyway, I called and was told that they'll be getting some in - they just don't know how many - and he did confirm that they have separate amounts allotted for pre-orders and in-store sales. And they open at 8:00. :)

Lesson learned!

----------

I should have known better than to take it seriously. :rolleyes:

5. Fontane macrumors regular

Sweet! Now let's just hope we can get one tomorrow!

6. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Use the store locator on Verizon's website. My local store shows Friday as "special hours", opening at 8am. Pretty sure they are gonna get iPhones.

7. Brammy macrumors 65816

For what it's worth, I stopped by the Verizon store in Cranston to just pick up a charger. I joked if they were ready for Friday and they said, "all we are getting is pre-orders, so it won't be that bad."

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

If I wasn't so lazy I would go out to my car, grab my laptop, and upload the screenshot of the chat I had with the VZW CSR regarding purchasing an Applecare + warranty when I pre-ordered.

Essentially he assured me I would be given the opportunity to purchase an Applecare+ warranty when I pre-ordered online. Not only did they not have the option online, when I called to place my pre-order, the CSR on the phone (very unprofessional by the way) said I couldn't get it through Verizon.

Moral of the story: Take everything an online chat rep tells you with a grain of salt.

9. erzeszut macrumors regular

I've been told that all corporate-owned Verizon stores will get SOME iPhone 5s, and all are opening at 8AM. How many they will get varies by market.

Authorized Verizon resellers are a different story, of course.

10. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

And remember you will not be able to get them for full retail price at a Verizon store so don't waste your gas

11. juliebeannn macrumors member

juliebeannn

my local store is opening at 7am and they confirmed that they'll have separate phones for in-store purchase. my closest store (to work) is the times square location, maybe i'll go to another location, something tells me that this location might be crazy.

12. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I recently added a Screaming Banshee horn to my wife's bike. It is crazy loud and also modulates the headlights and horn, so it gets plenty of attention. It sounds and looks a lot like an emergency vehicle. Solid for both the horn and the lights can also be selected. It does not require a relay.

Another nice plus of it, there is delay that can be set for 1/2 to 3/4 of a second, so you can still give someone a friendly toot, without aging them several years.

My plan was to mount one on both of our bikes, but while the regular full system worked fine for hers, I decided that the full split system would work better for mine and sent mine back for exchange.