No president has passed more legislation?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Jun 12, 2017.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Trump began today's cabinet meeting with the statement, "Never has there been a president....with few exceptions...who's passed more legislation, who's done more things than I have."

o_O

Trump then went around his table and had cabinet members speak glowingly of trump or his administration. When you're back is against the wall, and it's hard to find praise, there's nothing like having your employees kiss your ass.

[​IMG]

Tillerson doesn't look too happy about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-meeting/index.html

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Well I hear that the 9th Circuit is tired of winning winning winning!

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

signing EO's like a moron is not getting things done..........

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I think HE thinks it is because he doesn't understand what he's actually signing. Because of Trump, Inc - he probably thinks anything he signs has value.

5. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

He probably thinks everything he signs is legislation. :rolleyes:

Stupidest president ever.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Well we know he doesn't (like to) sign checks ;)

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

with a few exceptions (oh just several dozen), maybe he's right :D

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Trump is a dope. We all knew this before Trump said this.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

11. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

12. HEK Suspended

HEK

Think back to high school......pep rallies......go team go.....does it make sense now. It's part of the fake narrative. Ivanka goes on fox saying how she is surprised at how nasty the dialogue in Washington is.

Like using demeanining nick names for opponents, trashing war hero senators and gold star families is not nasty.

Hey Invaka what goes around comes around. Your loud mouthed degrading father should keep his mouth shut and fingers off the twitter.

It's hilarious that ninth circuit court upholds injunction against travel ban listing Donald's own twitter as evidence of being unconstitutional.

This will be the first president to go down in flames because he can't shut up.

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

45 seems to agree with you...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ey-were-actually-good/?utm_term=.a6ab03d4f9af

Feb. 19, 2016
    : “Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can't even get along with the Democrats. He goes around signing all these executive orders. It's a basic disaster. You can't do it.”

Jan. 26, 2016: “We have a president that can't get anything done so he just keeps signing executive orders all over the place.”

Jan. 26, 2016: “I hate what Obama does with gun legislation. He doesn't talk to anybody. He goes out and signs executive orders. In theory you're supposed to the old fashioned way, get everybody into a room and get something people agree on.”

Dec. 12, 2015: “I don't think [Obama] even tries anymore. I think he just signs executive actions.”

Nov. 10, 2015: “Nobody wants to listen to [Obama], including the Democrats, so he just goes around signing executive orders.”

14. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

On behalf of the three million illegal immigrants who didn't vote for you, I bequeath this to Donald J. Trump:

[​IMG]

Now, turn that frown upside down
    if you want to be a winner
    and sign more orders and more memos
    for two scoops after dinner.

15. HEK Suspended

HEK

You wouldn't be happy either having to sit next to the orange headed idiot.

16. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Thank you Mods for merging my thread with this one...makes sense. On topic, the Meeting reminded me of the Apprentice - where everyone scrambled to kiss-ass to avoid being fired...

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Bring back the West Wing. It was far more believable.

18. BoxerGT2.5, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

This applies to everyone at that table not named Trump, if they aren't into booze or drugs yet, they will be. The man is a absolute mental health case. Textbook personality disorder.

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Trump: "Never has there been a president....with few exceptions...who's passed more legislation, who's done more things than I have."

now we have Fake Logic.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yet he is such a good choice.

21. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He's completely right. Hardest working President I have witnessed so far.

22. IronWaffle, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

So, I just watched the whole event online. Among other things, it positively, absolutely, 100%, big league proves that Comey is a dirty, rotten liar because Trump is clearly not a man who people feel the need to offer effusive, florid praise to demonstrate their undying commitment and loyalty to that crown of dried grass atop his head. #CovfefeIntervention

23. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Dear Mr. President Trump.

Thank you for allowing me to wake up today, and to stand and wait for my daily Bus commute into New York City, via the greatest marvel I've ever witnessed, the Lincoln Tunnel. Thank you everyday for giving me the blessing of being able to go to work for 10 hours, sometimes even more, but you know what? It's okay, because I do it all for you Mr. Trump. Tonight I will go home, with the sweet smell of hot piss on a subway platform, and be totally at ease knowing you are at the helm of this great country of ours. Perhaps I might not be able to sleep due to excitement and anticipation of being able to wake up tomorrow morning and thank you yet again!!!

Sincerely,

Stan

24. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

This entire administration looks more & more like the North Korean government every day....
    Any day now they'll be following the leader constantly clapping