No Radio Shack walk ins.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Sep 18, 2012.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I just got back from RS asking if they will have any iphones available for walk ins if we wait outside and they told me no unless they dont sell there preorders for that day. Anyone here differently from a radio shack near them?

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

3. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

4. diegoesk macrumors regular

5. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Do they still ask you for your phone number when you just buy batteries?

6. diegoesk macrumors regular

maybe that particular location. But check the store locator option for RS

I know for verizon, if you go to store locator you will notice that some stores have 8am-9pm listed in bold red letters (indicating an iPhone release day)

try shopping for your phone in the hood, your pretty much guaranteed to get a phone during launch day:p:D;)... or getting robbed

7. Codepiink macrumors regular

Haha. That's what I'm doing on launch day. And I plan on having my pepper spray handy if someone tries any funny business.

8. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry the "The Shack"?)

I never shop at radio shack because they're so expensive for everything. The guy was an android fanboy and was giving me crap about waiting in line for one on launch day. Just posting to let people know they should check before they wait outside Radio Shack not get one.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

So, did you preorder with them?

10. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No they were all full on all preorders except Verizon and im on ATT, and the guy was an *******.

11. llj1137075 macrumors member

Ha.
    I think the store that I work at will have some extras. We have a few android fan boys at work.
    Most of our phones are cheaper than everywhere else. And yes we are supposed to ask for your phone number.
    Just makes returns easier. I personally hardly ever do it.
    We have around 30 of the iPhone 5's preordered.
    I was told we should get a few extras. But I guess only time will tell.

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Which is why I don't buy anything from Radioshack, and generally avoid buying smartphones at stores unless I can't get them online or the Apple Store. For people whose paychecks depend on you buying something from them, so many of these sales idiots sure are hell bent on spouting why they think your purchase is a stupid one.

Don't give this guy your commission. Find another radioshack, or cosnider going to Apple Store or *shudder* Best Buy instead.

13. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

the only reason I even bothered going into Radio Shack was because it is literally a 15 second walk so I'd give it a shot. I usually wont step foot in the door.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

I believe they finally got rid of that annoying practice and decided just to buy mailing lists like everyone else.