No restore to backup option after i restored my iphone 4, please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by romana.r7, Nov 1, 2011.

1. romana.r7 macrumors newbie

I have a huge problem, i had my iphone 4 on 4.3.3 software, i had to restore, so i did and updated to ios 5. After the restore, it connected to itunes and i was ask to set up my phone but there was NO RESTORE TO BACKUP OPTION. It automatically detected it as a new iphone(which it is not, ive had it for like a year) and so now, i have a completely erased phone with no contacts, messages, notes or anything.
    BUT!! When i go to Itunes-Preferences-Devices, i can see my previous backups. I can see them even on my mac, when i go to user/library/appsupport/mobilesync/backups. I just cant apply those backups through itunes to my phone. I dont even have this option when i right click my phone in itunes, and the little drop down panel appears. No option to restore to backup. PLEASE PLEASE help what can i do how can i get everything back:(
    ..there HAS to be a way to do it, all my backups are on my mac, i just cant see them or restore to them through itunes. ive been trying to do it for 3 days now, no succes..
    im sorry if there is a thread similar to this, i havent found it yet and as i said ive been searching internet for 3 days

2. romana.r7 thread starter macrumors newbie

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME:( i dont know what to do:confused: :(

3. tworth23 macrumors regular

No worries

Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. Right click on the picture of your iPhone on the left panel in iTunes. Click restore from back up/restore. Then choose the backup date you want. Done!

4. JayKay713 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. The restore from backup option is showing up when my old 3G is connected but when I connect my iPhone 4, that option is not available. Even when you right click on the left panel.

5. gMacbookPro macrumors member

Did you update your itunes to 10.5 between iOS 4 to 5?
    I dont know if this is matter.
    or you can restore your iphone back to iOS4.3.3?
    maybe you can see the "restore from backup", so you back it up again with your iphone with 4.3.3.
    Try re-sync it with iTunes again with a new phone name? etc: your name's iPhone 4 to just "iPhone 4 iOS4"
    If nothing work. make an appointment with apple store genius.
    good luck.